Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hermann Goering

Article about: Hello gents Ive just watched 3 DVDs on Hermann Goering bloody interesting too I must say. I was wondering what ever happened to wife & daughter after the war ?.. & what happened to h

?

Default Re: Hermann Goering

Ned, thanks for interesting info.
    Looks like I have to go check out some more books.
    Orde Wingate, now there was a tough bloke.
    The Germans could count themselves lucky, that he was busy elsewhere and not in their neck of the woods.
    Have a strange craving for a beer now......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goering
    P
    Many

?

Ill join you in 1 or 10 pints, I never knew that.. I will get some of that beer when I get home!! I think she/he was Swedish??...Thanks for that Ned...very interesting...learn something everyday...I only found what SS stood for today!! Does anybody know how to spell it corretly!!! "shootsaffall" isnt it?????????????? cheers Terry.

If I remember correctly, somewhere I read that he awarded himself many medals and decorations for sometimes odd reasons?

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Ill join you in 1 or 10 pints, I never knew that.. I will get some of that beer when I get home!! I think she/he was Swedish??...Thanks for that Ned...very interesting...learn something everyday...I only found what SS stood for today!! Does anybody know how to spell it corretly!!! "shootsaffall" isnt it?????????????? cheers Terry.
    Schutzstaffel (Schutz - defence/protection, staffel - echelon/squadron)

Regards,

Carl

?

He was the third-highest-ranking Nazi official tried at Nuremberg. Only Reich President (former Großadmiral) Karl Dönitz and former Deputy Führer Rudolf Hess had higher ranks than Göring. The judges decided he was guilty. Because of this on 1 October 1946 the court reached a verdict that he was to be hanged. One day before he was to be hanged, he committed suicide by taking a tablet of cyanide. It is not known how Göring got the cyanide or how long he hid it but there was a claim that he was given it by an American soldier who was in love with a German woman who was in touch with him.[24][25] It is not known if this is the truth.

?

Thanks guys for the info its been the best $25 spent becoming a member on here.. Carl thanks for the spelling ive noted that down now..Thank you all very much Terry.

?

In the following link you can read the full and complete transcript of H G's witness testimony at the Nuremberg so called trial. The link leads you to The Avalon Project, Yale law school. It's is very interesting reading. This is a link to the complete collection of transcripts. Avalon Project - The International Military Tribunal for Germany

Goerings testimony is of course the longest of them all. I have read most of them by now. I can recommend reading it.

Regards, Lars

?

Lars ive had a quick look!! that is going to be some reading phew!! Ive read alittle & by the sounds of thing Mr Goering is in the poo. lol Cheers Terry.

?

He for sure is Terry. It's quite a mouthful for sure.

?

I second that!! cheers Terry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2