Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heydrich's "grave." ?

Article about: Apropos the odd post wisely closed by others in the sense of good hygiene, I was under the impression that the part of the Invaliden Friedhof in Berlin, whence Heyrdrich was buried was then

Default Heydrich's "grave?"

Apropos the odd post wisely closed by others in the sense of good hygiene, I was under the impression that the part of the Invaliden Friedhof in Berlin,
    whence Heyrdrich was buried was then destroyed either in the war and/or in the construction of the Berlin Wall. Hence, it is impossible to decorate his grave.
    Am I in error?
    Of course, anyone who boasts about such a thing here with us does not belong on this site and has many, many sites elsewhere in the Dreck to
    engage in such odd and repugnant practices.

I have been to the Invaliden Friedhof several times, and I saw no such grave there at all.

Do persons in Praha go decorate the place near the rail way station where he was assassinated?

In any case, thanks to the authorities for their swift hygiene.

Especially with the deepening crisis associated with political violence and such, we must keep this site a safe and sane place.

Siehe da:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invali..._des_Mauerbaus

Oder...

Zerstörungen infolge des Mauerbaus
    Der weitgehend eingeebnete südwestliche Teil des Friedhofs (Grabfelder B, F und E); im Hintergrund der Berliner Hauptbahnhof

Die eigentliche Zerstörung des Invalidenfriedhofs begann mit dem Bau der Berliner Mauer durch die DDR 1961. Am Westufer des Berlin-Spandauer Schifffahrtskanals verlief die Grenze zwischen Ost- und West-Berlin. Ab November 1961 galten daher Einschränkungen für das Betreten des Friedhofs; Besucher mussten bei der Friedhofsverwaltung Berechtigungsmarken beantragen.[57]

Je weiter die Grenzanlagen ausgebaut wurden, desto mehr nahmen die Zerstörungen auf dem Invalidenfriedhof zu. Als vordere Grenzmauer diente hier die aus Ziegelsteinen bestehende alte Friedhofsmauer aus dem Jahr 1902, auf die ein Zaun aufgesetzt wurde. Die Lücke in der Mitte der Mauer wurde beseitigt, die dort stehende „Königslinde“ (benannt nach König Friedrich II., der bei Invalidenhausbesuchen an der betreffenden Stelle gerastet haben soll), wurde gefällt. Im davor gelegenen Bereich bewachten Boote den zu Ost-Berlin gehörenden Schifffahrtskanal. Auf den Grabfeldern E, F und G wurde ein Todesstreifen mit Wachtürmen, Kontrollstreifen, Lichttrasse und einer Laufanlage für Wachhunde sowie einer Betontrasse („Kolonnenweg“) angelegt. Störende Grabsteine auf dem Grenzstreifen wurden abgeräumt und zunächst auf anderen Teilen des Friedhofs abgelegt, später ganz beseitigt. Zu den wenigen sachgemäß versetzten Grabmalen gehörte das von Max Hoffmann (1869–1927), das von Grabfeld E in Grabfeld C verlegt wurde. Der Grenzstreifen wurde vom restlichen Friedhof durch eine erst aus Stacheldrahtzaun, ab 1975 aus Betonplatten bestehende „Hinterlandsicherung“ abgetrennt.[58]
    Das in den 1970er-Jahren zerstörte Rabitz-Mausoleum (1925)

1967 war etwa ein Drittel des Friedhofs eingeebnet, darunter auch Grabmale, die hinter der eigentlichen Sperrzone lagen. Wertvolle Grabgitter wurden abgebaut und anderorts wieder verwendet. Sporadische Einwände der Denkmalschützer konnten sich gegen die Forderungen der Grenzsicherungstruppen nach Übersichtlichkeit des Geländes und nach Schussfreiheit nicht durchsetzen. 1971 entstand im nördlich der Grabfelder A und B gelegenen Grabfeld I auf Beschluss des Ministerrats der DDR eine Garage mit 40 Stellplätzen und eine Waschhalle. Das Grabfeld wurde komplett eingeebnet; es gehört heute nicht mehr zum Friedhofsgelände. In den Jahren 1972–1975 wurden weitere Grabstellen niedergelegt oder anonym verlagert. Zerstört wurde so auch das von den Architekten Wilhelm Böckmann und Hermann Ende errichtete spätklassizistische Mausoleum des Bautechnikers Carl Rabitz in Feld E. Auch das benachbarte Grab von Manfred von Richthofen wurde beseitigt, dessen sterbliche Überreste auf Antrag seiner Familie nach Wiesbaden umgebettet. Die verbliebene Vegetation im Grenzstreifen wurde entfernt.[59]

Journalisten der Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung, die den Invalidenfriedhof 1978 besuchten, machten folgende Beobachtungen:

„Der Friedhof wirkt vernachlässigt, dürres Gras überwuchert Grabplatten, nur einige Gräber sind noch erhalten, ganz wenige werden gepflegt. Mehr Sorgfalt als den Gräbern hat man den ‚Grenzsicherungsanlagen‘ gewidmet. Quer durch den jetzt noch vorhandenen Teil des Friedhofs zieht sich eine Linie hin, an der Tafeln verkünden: ‚Grenzgebiet / Betreten und Befahren verboten!‘ Hinter dieser Linie – für uns unerreichbar, wenn wir uns nicht Ärger einhandeln wollen – eine Reihe beachtlicher Grabdenkmäler. Dahinter eine Plattenmauer. Vor der Mauer eine sogenannte Hundelaufanlage. [...] Einen Steinwurf von uns entfernt, aber unerreichbar im Sperrgebiet gelegen, Scharnhorsts mächtiges Grabmal, umfriedet mit einem Metallzaun. [...] Von der Grabanlage des Feldmarschalls Hermann von Boyen (1771–1848) ist nur noch eine Rückmauer erhalten. Das große Eisengußdenkmal, das Schinkel dem Vertrauten Friedrich Wilhelms III., dem Generalleutnant Job von Witzleben (1783–1837), schuf, rostet vor sich hin.“

– FAZ: „Das Scharnhorst-Grab im Niemandsland“, 25. November 1978[60]

Nur die Gräber von Repräsentanten der Freiheitskriege wie Scharnhorst, in dessen Nachfolge die Nationale Volksarmee der DDR sich sah, und Friesen verhinderten vermutlich die völlige Zerstörung des Invalidenfriedhofs. So erklärt sich auch der Widerstand der Ost-Berliner Denkmalschützer gegen den seit den 1960er-Jahren mehrfach vorgebrachten Vorschlag, das Scharnhorst-Grabmal vom Invalidenfriedhof auf einen öffentlichen Platz zu verlegen. Nach dem Erlass eines neuen Denkmalpflegegesetzes 1975 und dem Einsturz des Witzleben-Denkmals im Jahr 1984 gab es zwar erneute Bemühungen, verbliebene Grabstätten zu schützen; erstmals wurden so die entstandenen Schäden fotografisch dokumentiert. Dennoch verhinderte der Widerstand der Grenzsicherungstruppen bis 1989, dass umfassende Maßnahmen zum Schutz des Bestandes ergriffen wurden.[61]

Von den 3000 Grabstellen, die 1961 noch existierten, waren 1989 nur etwa 230 übrig geblieben.[62]

One of your can stick this text in the translator.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-09-2015 at 07:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heydrich's "grave." ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Do persons in Praha go decorate the place near the rail way station where he was assassinated?
    I was just there, and saw no such thing - see for yourself. I am not even certain if anyone really goes there . . . but at least someone took the time to mark the spot, with a monument - strange as it is. As a matter of fact, I don't recall a railway station being close by either.

Made it inside the villa that Heydrich commandeered too - but it's a little further up the road, in Panenske Brezany. That place is now a disaster - with remnants of what was once a metals research institute, scattered everywhere. I hear the villa is now owned by a salvage company - and it appears the place is slowly being torn apart, for whatever reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrich's "grave." ?  

?

Actually the memorial at the site of the attack makes perfect sense - one should note the paratroopers atop the column and remember those who sacrificed their lives to take down the beast, for it is they who are remembered and commemorated at the site...and rightly so. And not just there either, for other sites in and around Prague mark the related events/victims. The thread linked below will be of particular interest to those searching for more information/imagery - there are other related threads on the forum too, for those with a wish to search. Pictured below is the hospital, Bulovka, where Heydrich died, and let us not forget that the mass slaughter did not end with the death of Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich...the memorial markers at Lidice and Ležáky forbid this.

Carl

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

Lidice

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after-...lezaky-238587/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrich's "grave." ?   Heydrich's "grave." ?  

Heydrich's "grave." ?   Heydrich's "grave." ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Heydrich's "grave." ?  Heydrich's "grave." ?  Heydrich's "grave." ? 

Like Fritz Todt, Heydrich only got a simple wooden grave marker, as their graves were considered temporary, with plans for reburying them in more pompous resting places after the war.

Needless to say, that was not to be. Instead, even that marker was removed soon after the war. The grave apparently still exists, but has been left unmarked since. See here for info on the "Find a Grave" site:

Reinhard Heydrich (1904 - 1942) - Find A Grave Memorial

(Wisely, they have turned off the "virtual flowers" feature for that page...)

?

Another thread of note, related to the brave men who carried out Operation Anthropoid:

Memorial to Heydrich assassins

Heydrich's "grave." ?This image is of the memorial erected at the assassination site in Praha, and not of the man's grave in Berlin.

?

Of note for those with an interest in the lead up to and attack on Heydrich, is the fine debut work by French author Laurent Binet. The book, "HHhH" - Himmlers Hirn heißt Heydrich (Himmler's Brain is called Heydrich) - the title of which relates to the comment that is said to have circulated Nazi Germany, is different in that not only does it cover the assassins and the attack but it is also interlaced with the author's research work and journey, making for an altogether different reading experience. The book was originally published in 2010, with an English language version following two years later. Cédric Jimenez, the French director, is currently working on a film adaptation - filming began in Prague and Budapest earlier this year, with the film scheduled for release some time during 2016, same as the Czech/UK/French production Operation Anthropoid, directed by Sean Ellis from England.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrich's "grave." ?  

In 1991, I stay in Prague and asked to a taxi to bring me to the place of the atentat. Nothing, but 300 m after, a lot of Russian tanks from the Varsovian Pact.
    This stock was more interesting !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It's amazing how one man can become so notorious, so dedicated to "the cause", so notorious through his zeal. How I wish I could visit Europe and see these things... I think it would make perfect sense to see people decorating the site of the attack.

The man was brave, but foolhardy, and in the end... all ends well that ends well.

As far as a burial site, I would think that one might be "decorated" in an altogether different fashion... or venerated. Either way, best to let sleeping dogs lie...

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Of note for those with an interest in the lead up to and attack on Heydrich, is the fine debut work by French author Laurent Binet. The book, "HHhH" - Himmlers Hirn heißt Heydrich (Himmler's Brain is called Heydrich) - the title of which relates to the comment that is said to have circulated Nazi Germany, is different in that not only does it cover the assassins and the attack but it is also interlaced with the author's research work and journey, making for an altogether different reading experience. The book was originally published in 2010, with an English language version following two years later. Cédric Jimenez, the French director, is currently working on a film adaptation - filming began in Prague and Budapest earlier this year, with the film scheduled for release some time during 2016, same as the Czech/UK/French production Operation Anthropoid, directed by Sean Ellis from England.

Carl
    For anyone interested in the book; I have read it and though I will not comment on the literary quality I would say that if you seek historical reference or dramatic entertainment with a kind of "docu-drama" don't bother. Artistic it maybe but I am one who reads factual history and thriller / dramatic type fiction with equal relish and this was neither. For me it was a very difficult read and I was constantly confused and thinking to myself WTF? I am a fairly persistent reader and will usually at least finish the dullest book once I have started it "just in case" but with this one I am afraid I had to admit defeat about two thirds into it and closed it in despair. It is neither thrilling or informative and is just a little suggestive of someone having "a bad trip". If you like the Avant Garde or "arty" thing then maybe this is for you but if you just want to read about "The Blond Beast" and the circumstances surrounding his time of influence then there are much better sources.

Just my opinion you understand.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast