Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heydrich's "grave." ?

Article about: Apropos the odd post wisely closed by others in the sense of good hygiene, I was under the impression that the part of the Invaliden Friedhof in Berlin, whence Heyrdrich was buried was then

?

Excellent post HPL, thank you.

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heydrich's "grave." ?
    P
    Many

Heydrich's "grave." ?
    Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Excellent post HPL, thank you.

Carl
    I second Carl's assessment.

Bravo, Andreas.

I bought the Longerich Hitler biography, which is kind of an anti Ian Kershaw interpretation.....

- - ------- - -

The Tiergartenstrasse 4 book from Ch. Links did I also buy.

They are on a slow steamer passing through certain canals at this hour, and I have not read them yet.

HPL, I meant what bigmacglenn1966 posted, that Heydrich had been warned about traveling carelessly through this particular territory*, but chose to ignore it in a display of foolhardy machismo - driving in an open car of all things - or maybe to display some God given invincibility? Maybe he believed that?

At any rate, I guess on that day he was driving a little faster than his guardian angel could follow...

* Quote from Hitler;

Since it is opportunity which makes not only the thief but also the assassin, such heroic gestures as driving in an open, unarmoured vehicle or walking about the streets unguarded are just damned stupidity, which serves the Fatherland not one whit. That a man as irreplaceable as Heydrich should expose himself to unnecessary danger, I can only condemn as stupid and idiotic.

Heydrich's "grave." ?This work on Seyss Inquart is also new and worthy of close examination.

Ja, another one of those famous figures... It's good to see that high level scholars are writing these books.

Heydrich's grave? Considering his connection to the Wannsee Accords, it should be a public urinal...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Ja, another one of those famous figures... It's good to see that high level scholars are writing these books.
    and, if you are seriously interested in this subject, then you should start to read them.

When I was a young, young collector in the middle 1960s it was to these books that I went, because that's all there was save for Mollo

and contemporary pictorial works of the epoch.

This process that took years and decades, but I am able to function here because of it.

The sensationalized accounts of this man do not do the truth justice, really.

To be sure, there was no You Tube filled to the gunwales with all kinds of documentaries or old fools like myself spending hours and sharing hundreds of thousands of dollars of regalia and decades of scholarship with strangers at no cost whatsoever save time. Time is especially precious when your life descends into its waning epoch.

The level of expectation in former times operated within a human range of the probable unlike today's limitless affect and digital entitlement.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Heydrich's grave? Considering his connection to the Wannsee Accords, it should be a public urinal...
    I cannot believe that the thing has been preserved, and cannot see in any of the online thingies any definitive sense that it has.

When I go to Berlin next, God willing, I shall look into it.

So many graves of other Nazi grandees have been eradicated.

Carl you hit on a great point. Most times people don't care about primary sources. In some cases especially when dealing with subjects in other language they don't want to spend any time doing solid research. Some look solely for the synthesized product and will consume it even if the hypothesis is way outside the main stream, couple that with proactive images like swastikas and lightning bolts they cant get enough. I am just happy we get him pegged or he hung himself with flower comment so we could get him sorted out.

as of his being assassinated he broke so many rules of basic intelligence operations and got to comfortable and paid for it. Thankfully there were men dedicated to their home country who took up the mission of taking him out knowing they would be killed.

just my 2 cents

There is so much to read... I'll be lucky to read the books I already have, but I still buy more all the time. I think the only way I'll read them is if I get off this machine, walk away, and read, at least several hours a day, not always possible but I'm really considering lately.

I understand about time, I'm heading into the waning epoch myself... only so much time.

The internet is all the things you say, good and bad, too easy and and also potentially frustrating and sometimes confusing... but I thank your presence here, and this forum. There is a lot of education and human connections here, and all it costs us is the time (and money for the people who run it).

Sometimes I'm here to look at other people's things, sometimes to learn about items or show mine, but sometimes it is really serious and on a much different level than just acquiring things, and then you encounter the darker side of this hobby...

Vielen Dank

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast