Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hill Map?

Article about: Ive been reading about a lot of battles here in Germany and they often reference to hills as a number. Im looking at doing some relic hunting but I want to help narrow down areas of intense

Default Hill Map?

Ive been reading about a lot of battles here in Germany and they often reference to hills as a number. Im looking at doing some relic hunting but I want to help narrow down areas of intense fighting. Does anyone know if there is a map that shows the hill numbers? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hill Map?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hill Map?

Any of the hills is a strategic point, having some skills walking in the battlefield area, you can find the positions without any maps. But, Brandenburg area is forbidden to dig
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

There are actually no special maps or lists of hill numbers:

These numbers were not consecutively assigned, but are simply the respective hill's height in meters above sea level as found on military maps. That's why these numbers often have commas (for example "Höhe 221,4").

So, a hill number on its own does not necessarily signify a single specific hill; you have to know in which map grid it is.

Hi Brad, all military maps will have numbers assigned to hills. A Famous one being Hill 112 in Normandy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'll have to look closer. The one Im looking for is Hill 511 in Southwest Germany.