Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler

Article about: Hey chaps i found these interesting articles well worth a read Real History and the alleged silencing of Heinrich Himmler Himmler's mysterious death in 1945 Studly

?

Default Re: Himmler

Hey chaps i found these interesting articles well worth a read

Real History and the alleged silencing of Heinrich Himmler

Himmler's mysterious death in 1945

Studly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler
    P
    Many

?

I was just in Landshut which is where Himmler was raised and took a photo of his home on Dreifaltigkeitsplatz 1 1/2:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler   Himmler  

none of those who were exacuted got buried,they were cremated and their ashes scattered.

Himmler was buried, not cremated.

It was those executed at Nuremburg that were cremated.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Keir View Post
    I was just in Landshut which is where Himmler was raised and took a photo of his home on Dreifaltigkeitsplatz 1 1/2:
    The old Himmler certainly picked his home with an almost prophetic instinct of things to come. Here is a detail from a 1939 town map of Landshut:

Himmler

1) = Adolf-Hitler-Platz, the Dreifaltigkeitsplatz' new name during the Third Reich era

2) = The local NSDAP headquarters

3) = The local DAF headquarters

4) = The church of St. Martin's, seen in the background of your photograph. This church is interesting for two facts: Its steeple is the world's tallest brick construction and it has a stained-glass window featuring Hitler and Goebbels (Created after the war to replace the original window destroyed late in the war. The faces of Hitler and Goebbels were given to two torturers in a scene depicting the persecution of a martyr whose name keeps eluding me.)

5) = Nahensteig. According to the SS' 1937 address list, location of the headquarters of the 31st SS-Standarte. (Nahensteig 182, 2nd floor)
    Interestingly, Landshut's local address book informs us that in medieval times, that street was located in the Jewish quarter of town, which is why its name is name is actually derived from the Hebrew word nahar (= brook). One wonders how many Standarte members were aware of that particular bit of trivia...

6) = Städtisches Krankenhaus (Municipal Hospital), where SS physician Dr. Karl Gebhardt worked for a while from the autumn of 1922 onwards. (He had known Heinrich Himmler from school)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-09-2011 at 11:56 AM.

?

HPL2008- THANK YOU! I wish I'd known you before I went today! How did you get such information?

Quote by Keir View Post
    HPL2008- THANK YOU! I wish I'd known you before I went today! How did you get such information?
    Quite simple, really. It's my hometown, so I practically grew up with the information on the church and that is also why I have the local address book and a photocopy of an old town map.

The SS address book is available as a reprint and the biographical data on Dr. Gebhardt is given in various publications.

Anyway, here is the Hitler/Goebbels church window; I found a photo via Google:
    http://commondatastorage.googleapis....l/15126142.jpg
    The third torturer is supposed to be Göring, but I think his likeness is not as good as that of Hitler and Goebbels.
    (Oh, and the saint was St. Castulus!)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-08-2011 at 09:47 PM.

?

I was just going to respond with St. Kastalus but you beat me to it. I was looking all over for a pic of the window; not very convincing likeness of Goering, I agree...

I can add another bit of data to the subject which might be of interest to you.

Dreifaltigkeitsplatz was the address of the Himmler family, but later on during his time in Landshut, Heinrich Himmler lived in a place of his own for more than two years. Its address was Seligenthaler Str. 11. (I just found that fact in an article from our local newspaper that I had saved and completely forgotten about.)

The address is mentioned here as well...:

Heinrich Himmler: deutscher ... - Google Bücher

...So he lived on the 1st floor. By the way: "Seligenthalerstr." (1 word) is a (common) misspelling, "Seligenthaler Str." (2 words) is the correct version.

?

I made a second visit today with the wife and month-old son and think I found the sites mentioned in your map, although the DAF and NSDAP HQ could be wrong. The NSDAP HQ was in that large building on the hill, no? The other photo I hope shows the headquarters of the 31st SS-Standarte at Nahensteig 182...
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler  Himmler 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast