Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Himmler's capture

Article about: well i think some people on this site may have useful information so here goes. I'm writing about the capture of H. Himmler on May 21st 1945. Of every book I've read about Himmler not a sing

Himmler's captureHimmler's captureHimmler's captureHimmler's captureHimmler's captureThe disruption to universal harmony in the wider world finds its focus under the Polish castle in expectation of the "Nazi gold train" and or other fata morgana and the like.

This episode strikes me as one of the many fata morgana that float by each week here.

All part of the thing. If you want to do this, you need the patience of a saint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's capture
    P
    Many

FB you beat me to it...I was just about to mention the similarity to the "Nazi Gold Train"...
    Or if anyone remembers the infamous "SS-Chalice Thread"....or the mint condition "Wilhelm Gustloff PillowCase Thread"...

cheers friends,
    Glenn

Himmler's captureHimmler's captureHimmler's capture
    Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    FB you beat me to it...I was just about to mention the similarity to the "Nazi Gold Train"...
    Or if anyone remembers the infamous "SS-Chalice Thread"....or the mint condition "Wilhelm Gustloff PillowCase Thread"...

cheers friends,
    Glenn
    Thank you, colleague. Fifty three years of collecting makes me into a skeptic, if not a cynic.

My point is that this kind of inquiry has its roots much farther back in European culture and civilization, a thing we all treasure.

In addition to totalitarian politics and genocide, Himmler himself was always off on occult and esoteric wild goose chases, so we should be, too.....

The Longerich book is really a very solid one.

Lumsden is a fine author of a kind of book that has its place for many collectors and enthusiasts, and I salute his work.

It is not, however, a work of research as in the case of Longerich.

Until Longerich came along, there was no scholarly biography of Heini H despite the others.

Himmler's captureI am also inherently skeptical of persons claiming that all existing knowledge is flawed.

An American recently did this kind of grand standing about the Schlieffen Plan, in which he claimed that it never existed.

The Heeresarchiv in Potsdam was bombed in the spring of 1945, as you know, and the rubble was shipped off in a mess to the USSR.

Many of the documents survived, but are in a big heap that is hard to separate.

This personage got a lot of traction for awhile until sober persons found a 1930s photostat of the Schlieffen Plan by one of Schlieffen accolytes, and his swift ascent to the sun of historical fame ended in a heap of vitriol and law suits.

Celebrity and the study of the past do not really fit together if one has a solid conception of scholarship.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2015 at 01:32 AM.

On the other hand, persons can find new sources and turn the world upside down, and that is quite healthy.

If they spell properly, we are inclined to give them more credence and more so if they share their sources.

Himmler's captureThe new sources on Himmler are the letters from his charming wife to himself, which Katrin Himmler published after they re emerged in Israel. Michael Wildt wrote the excellent book on the SD and the cohort of Heydrich and so forth.

We have some very serious people on our site, and their hard work and lack of affect benefits the thousands who come here every day.

?

FB,
    I love reading your post and I thank you for them!! if you would be so kind to give some insight into the last picture in your post #31
    It just leaves to much to the imagination that I need to know exactly what I'm seeing.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Himmler's capture
    Quote by AZPhil View Post
    FB,
    I love reading your post and I thank you for them!! if you would be so kind to give some insight into the last picture in your post #31
    It just leaves to much to the imagination that I need to know exactly what I'm seeing.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Some things, dear friend, can never be known.....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast