Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

History & Research

Article about: Not sure if I've put this thread in the right place but here goes. Well I have started to put a new research library together I hope I've made a good start.

?

Default History & Research

Not sure if I've put this thread in the right place but here goes.

Well I have started to put a new research library together I hope I've made a good start.

History & Research History & Research

History & Research

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement History & Research
    P
    Many

?

I've been expanding my Library and found some great titles of late. The first two I brought in a charity book shop, I have read both already and found them very informative and full of courage.

The next I have yet to read, I found them in a local discount book shop. They are awaiting my attention at some point in the near future.

History & Research History & Research History & Research

And last but not least I finally found an English translation of Mein Kampf for what I thought a very reasonable price of £15. I remember reading it at school in the very early 1980's when we did a term on the political history of the early to mid 20th century in Europe.

Wilko

?

A few more books to add to the Library.

History & Research
    This one is excellent and would recommend to anyone wanting to experience to the Air War from a German perspective.

History & Research
    A very interesting read, one mans view of his role in the Third Reich and all the in-fighting that went on between those fighting to gain favour with Hitler and the power that came with it.

History & Research
    Having read 'Berlin Diary' I just had to have this one. I've not started it yet however I will tackle it in the summer on lazy afternoons in the garden.

Wilko

See you have some Angolia already. The 3 volume set of Uniforms & Traditions of the German Army ought to be on your shelf too. The photos are not always brilliant but they are a good resource to dip into again and again.
    History & Research

CBH
    ?

Great selection of books, I have "For Führer and Fatherland" and find it a very good reference book.
    I often use it for the German terminology for badges, as I don't want to get Yelled at by the Mods.
    Also a great price for Mein Kampf, these often go for over 100US.

?

Thank you for your post Blackcat, when i see them i will put them in the basket. What I'm really looking for next is a good priced reference book on EK's.
    Ken

Wilko,

You have some great looking books there.. I am from the old school and still say that the old 1960's and 1970's books are worth their weight.. Albeit some data is outdated and inaccurate, you have to consider the time period prior to the computer age is all we had.. Now that research and technology is at the forefront, higher quality reference books are now available..

Well done, and keep scooping up the books..

My reference/research library is somewhere in the 5,000 range right now...Still growing.. I am finding that I am spending more time helping others with research due to the expanse of books I have rather than collecting artifacts anymore..

I guess it is just a shift in my life as to what I enjoy..

Smitty

?

Thank you CBH. The two Angolia books are nearly always open with me just flicking through them. I also use it for the correct terminology for the awards. The Mein Kampf was a real bargin and i discovered it purely by chance.

CBH
    ?

[QUOTE=BlackCat1982;1855386]See you have some Angolia already. The 3 volume set of Uniforms & Traditions of the German Army ought to be on your shelf too. The photos are not always brilliant but they are a good resource to dip into again and again.

Only managed to find Volume III from this fine set, and the price used is pretty high these days. But even one volume is very useful.
    I was recently looking for the Micheal Beaver book on SS-Insignia as I have his set on SS-uniforms. I was shocked by the price, supply and demand I guess.

Just thought of another that was an early purchase but is quite useful.

"Insignia, Decorations and Badges of the Third Reich and Occupied Countries" by R. Kahl.

The illustrations are mostly line drawings but also include the methods of medal wear (ribbon options) as well as acting as a hardy reference for Third Reich tinnies etc. It is probably by no means the most up to date, printed in the late 1970's early 1980's but if you ever lift a copy from a shelf and look at it you might be tempted!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast