Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

History & Research

Article about: Not sure if I've put this thread in the right place but here goes. Well I have started to put a new research library together I hope I've made a good start.

?

I forgot to post these books I got weeks ago. They are full of period photo's and make for very interesting reading on the fall of the Third Reich and the Axis powers. Again these are finds in a local Antique shop stuffed in a corner.
    Wilko

History & Research History & Research

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement History & Research
    P
    Many

?

Had a great find today. Again in a small antique shop I was visiting and what a lucky find it is. I have had more than a passing interest in The Battle of Britain over the years and already have quite a few books on the subject. This one at first glance looks to be a real gem and gold mine at the same time.
    This book is jammed with information on the preparation for battle on both sides including the order of battle at the 1st of July 1940 as well as the aircraft and the designers. The book then becomes a diary of the battle which includes the losses on both sides.

The Battle over Britain, published in 1969 looks to be the perfect addition to add to my B.o.B. Library.

Wilko

History & Research

If you want to read the most definitive book on the losses during the Battle of Britain then this is the one you need on your bookshelf, in case you haven't come across it before.

History & Research

The multi-volume series Battle of Britain Combat Archive by Wing Leader publishers is now becoming the books to have on the losses, and claims, for both sides, in addition to the multi-series Luftwaffe Crash Archive from the same publishers which has details for every Luftwaffe aircraft that came down on UK soil during WW-2:

WingLeader - Aviation Books and Collectables

Or...

After the Battle, 3 volume set of the Blitz Then & Now. Also every German crash site on the mainland during WW2 - just found whole set online for £50.

The Blitz Then and Now For Sale in Romsey, London | Preloved

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5