Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Exhibition

Article about: Interesting article in todays Independant Hitler exhibition breaks Germany's last taboo - Europe, World - The Independent

Default Hitler Exhibition

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Exhibition
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Exhibition

It seems like they going above, and beyond to not glorify Hitler, They seem to purposely not portray a lot, but at the same same try and do the exhibit.

If they cannot do it properly, then why do it at all.

They should bring it to the states, where we don't have that kind of a blindfolded exhibit.

Makes me wonder, what do they teach in the schools in Germany, is that part of German history left blank, and they don't talk about it, or what ?

Its great they are doing that in Germany, but i believe the laws pertaining to the swastika would apply to this exhibit, or do they have a special permit for the exhibit.

Be nice if they could get the ADOLF HITLER Standard back from Russia, and his Tunics for the exhibit.

Brian

?

Default Re: Hitler Exhibition

blackheart0866 I totally agree with you that if you are not going to do something right then whats the point? I saw this on the news and thought the same thing. Welcome to my world.

As far as what is taught in schools isnt much. There was a long period of time especially during the cold war period that WW2 was simply not discussed. My wife only had to watch Schindler's List in school and that concluded her WW2 education.

As far as the laws about the swastica and runes and such. I dont know why everyone thinks its against the law to have this stuff. Its not. Its only against the law to brandish it for political reasons. The law states that you can own, sell, and purchase this stuff only for scientific, educational, and historical reasons. Therefor the museum doesnt need a permit or something because they are doing this for educational reasons.

Its very difficult to move forward on this topic not because the people are afraid to move on but because the government and the victims families wont let them forget. Maybe after the last vet dies things will start to change. Im tired of Germany being held back because of what was done 70yrs ago so I hope things will change. Hope this gives people a little insight on the subject. Lee

?

Exclamation Re: Hitler Exhibition

It is not a matter of "moving on" ...

Germany has in no way been "Held back" by the banishing of the swastika, it has thrived since WW2.

The Government of Germany has in theory no obligation to the "victims and their families" of 70 years ago, but, out of a sense of basic humanity and moral decency, Germany has closed the door to a past ANY country would be ashamed to admit to.
    That "door" has no place in Germany's true History.

Those who "forget" are doomed to repeat themselves.

And at this point, This thread gets closed.

Discussions/Debates around this subject are NOT part of this forum's basis.
    There are plenty of sites on the internet to air political views, ... this site is NOT one of them.
    This site is to discuss items and information around the hobby ..

With respect.

Gary J.

Quote by leej11 View Post
    blackheart0866
    Its very difficult to move forward on this topic not because the people are afraid to move on but because the government and the victims families wont let them forget. Maybe after the last vet dies things will start to change. Im tired of Germany being held back because of what was done 70yrs ago so I hope things will change. Hope this gives people a little insight on the subject. Lee