Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

'Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime' Exhibition In Berlin in 2011

Article about: &#39;Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime&#39; Exhibition In Berlin - Pictures - Zimbio |<

Default 'Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime' Exhibition In Berlin in 2011

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime' Exhibition In Berlin in 2011
    P
    Many

Default Re: 'Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime' Exhibition In Berlin in 2011

Kris: A few photos of interest, especially from a collector's viewpoint, but they spent way too much time showing photos of the Hiltler bust collection. One shot would have been enough, but there must have been at least eight out of twenty-four photos provided. What I don't understand about these kinds of Austellungen is how the organizers expect to convey the evil and criminality of the Nazi years with a sterile display such as this. One might as well have been visiting a museum featuring Rome and Roman artifacts in its glory days. According to the blurb, the purpose of the exposition was to understand why the German Volk supported Hitler up to the end. I certainly did not see anything in the twenty-four photos shown that came close to answering that question, unless one wants to fall back on the hackneyed claim that is was accomplished with colorful uniforms and military displays. There is a much deeper discussion on the subject than what the exhibition organizers provided. But for a collector, that exhibition was a mouth-watering experience. I wish I had seen it in the flesh nstead of in twenty-four photos. Thanks for posting it. Dwight

Default Re: 'Hitler and the Germans Nation and Crime' Exhibition In Berlin in 2011

I understand and second you all the way, Dwight!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I certainly got the hint that Hitler was a "Nazi criminal"

?

Apart from the ongoing theme of German flagellation, there were some very interesting objects on display.

BTW I wholeheartedly concur with 'drmessimer'/Dwight's statement.

If the purpose of the exhibition is to understand why the German Volk supported Hitler, why didn't they simply ask those that did...unless all those Germans who were adults at the time and voted for or supported Hitler and the Nazis and are still alive from the period were all anti-Nazis?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I always found it interesting that the German government saves these items when they're otherwise quite strict about the public display/ownership of Nazi memorabilia...It actually helps create a Mystique around them, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

One of the short-falls of the display is the apparent absence of any explanations about what the items displayed are. As an example, the uniform collection shown in these two photos. Hopefully, the experts out there will tell us what these uniforms represent. Dwight

Attachment 468873
    Well, it seems I haviing a problem posting the jpeg format photos. Rats! Dwight

Well, the problem is bigger than I so I will quit while I'm not so far behind. Sorry about that, Dwight