MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler’s death army: Das reich

Article about: Hi: I share with you interesting NatGeo documentary about the dreaded SS "Das Reich" division, I think, the most dangerous and cruel of all, including LSSAH... enjoy (english and f

Quote by Dan Miller View Post
    Hi:

I share with you interesting NatGeo documentary about the dreaded SS "Das Reich" division, I think, the most dangerous and cruel of all, including LSSAH or Totenkompf... enjoy (english and french)

Regards,

Dan
    You have to remember these guys were soldiers fighting for there homeland. So many bad things happens the war. Not all sides was prosecuted only the loser.
    Alot of young SS men died they fought bravely thought.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler’s death army: Das reich
    P
    Many

They were mostly trying to win "the hearts and minds" of the local populations...

I like to keep a open mind, do you guys really believe what are government news channels are telling us? Do we ever look into who makes some of these docs?
    I use many news and media outlets.
    I think there is 2 sides to every story.
    Das Reich, LAH, Totenkopf fought for 5 years lost many men young men at that. I think all soldiers deserve respect.

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    You have to remember these guys were soldiers fighting for there homeland. So many bad things happens the war. Not all sides was prosecuted only the loser.
    Alot of young SS men died they fought bravely thought.
    The relatives of many French civilians massacred by Das Reich would likely not share your opinion. The Waffen SS was undoubtedly responsible for numerous atrocities on both the Western and Eastern fronts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The relatives of many French civilians massacred by Das Reich would likely not share your opinion. The Waffen SS was undoubtedly responsible for numerous atrocities on both the Western and Eastern fronts.
    Yeah im sure they done some bad things. As i'm sure allies committed many also Red army.
    Partisan's seems to cause alot of battles with the Germans then once caught they was killed.

Just a opinion just is a little sad a whole division would get commend after fighting to the end.
    But im sure as i can tell others don't share this opinion.

You seem to have pro Nazi views which are not allowed here. There are no excuses for the atrocities of the SS
    BOB

Another moron bites the dust!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Another moron bites the dust!....
    Some guys do not know when it is time to shut up.
    BOB

If I recall correctly, many of the men involved in the Oradour Massacre turned out to be from Alsace/Elsass ...and despite their complicity in the Crime, the French let them off the hook as they claimed to have been press-ganged into the Waffen-SS...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    If I recall correctly, many of the men involved in the Oradour Massacre turned out to be from Alsace/Elsass ...and despite their complicity in the Crime, the French let them off the hook as they claimed to have been press-ganged into the Waffen-SS...
    cheers, Glenn
    You are correct Glenn , many of the men of the 3 Kompanie DF were from the the Alsace
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast