Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hitler's dogs

Article about: Most of us know at least a little about the Führer's four legged friends, but I thought that it might be interesting to some, to write a little about this particular "wolf pack" wi

?

Default Re: Hitler's dogs

Just bumping this one up, for anybody who found the recent thread regarding Hitler's last days interesting, especially the posts regarding the Führer's four legged friends.

Woof,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's dogs
    P
    Many

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Just bumping this one up, for anybody who found the recent thread regarding Hitler's last days interesting, especially the posts regarding the Führer's four legged friends.

Woof,

Carl
    you read my mind, I was gonna bump this up before the thread goes to the dogs...

CBH
    ?

Great thread Carl , thanks for posting it . I have a Samoyed , my third in a row . A Russian breed and I always remember a picture of the Russian Anti-tank Dog mine which looked like a Samoyed ! Very sad what war does to people and animals . The mines didn't work very well , could tell the good tanks from the bad .
    Cheers Chris

An odd thought, perhaps, but I have to wonder if there is today any dogs who have descended from Hitler's Blondi or any of the others. I can just picture some neo-Nazi skinhead today proudly declaring that His dog is Blondi's GGGGGG grandson....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great stuff.
    chris

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An odd thought, perhaps, but I have to wonder if there is today any dogs who have descended from Hitler's Blondi or any of the others. I can just picture some neo-Nazi skinhead today proudly declaring that His dog is Blondi's GGGGGG grandson....
    As far as I am aware William, Blondi only had one litter of pups, all of which were reportedly killed as described earlier in the thread.

Best,

Carl

p.s. Thanks again for your kind words gents.

?

However, my mind casts back to October of last year, and our visit to Berchtesgaden. We strolled down to the banks of the Königgsee, admiring the splendour of the peaks rising high above the autumn mist, when down the track comes a rather portly gentleman with a German Shepherd. It was a male dog, but otherwise an absolute double for Blondi. A "Doggiegander" perhaps...?

Regards,

Carl

Peoples with Dogs are no bad People. This is my American Stafford Kouvasc Mix after the Shower.Hitler's dogs

Thanks for posting this, Carl. Of all the dogs I have had the pleasure of having as companions, my German Shepherds remain my favorites.

Thanks Carl for another interesting thread. I lost my friend last month a Jack Russell of 16yrs. Still hurts

Martin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast