Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles Book.

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if not. My first of two books Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles is now available to pre order from Pen & Sword Books Ltd. The r

Hi Glenn, It was a lot of hard work and a lot of stress too in some ways. Its amazing how much work goes into a book. I would love to hear of the experiences of your Oma and will send you a pm! Cheers loads Tim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles Book.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    I really think this book is different in a few ways. This book is a journey through the girls lives back in those days. A wartns n all account that unlike many books has not been sweetened to appease or offer more commercial viability. It has been described by the copy editor as powerful, harrowing, brutal, bitter sweet, joyous, sad. I will welcome comments from any who read it and hope it adds something to this often neglected field. The book can be pre ordered with special discount now from the Pen & Sword Books Ltd website.
    That sounds great. I like uncensored books that don't stick to any rules of what can be said or not said

One day when i managed to get through all the diaries of my granduncle and his work with the Ahnenerbe and later en route with a couple of SS-Kriegsberichter like with the 5. Wiking in Ukraine, i will try to make it into a book as well.
    It must be nerve wracking to write a book so i admire anyone who managed to write one and get it published. As we say in Germany "Hut ab!"

This book is particularly harrowing in places. Some of the women suffered rape ordeals as children. It is not pleasant reading but full credit that they talked about their ordeals in such graphic detail. It just brings home the darkest aspects of war and that even children were not spared. The wrongs and rights will be debated for eternity but this book i feel brings something new to the table.

A word to the wise: if you write a book, don't be surprised if you receive criticism. I write books. I have done it for more than thirty years. Sometimes you do well,
    and other times, you get mau-maued in ways that are patently unfair. Books on the III. Reich have an above average pucker factor to them granted the topic. That is to say, German history in its very rich variety and complexity is not a subject for the faint of heart in any way, shape or form.
    Criticism is a given. Readers are prone to criticize and, in my experience of decades, in the UK they are outspoken. I have spent decades since the 1960s with persons who lived through the III. Reich either as victims or as on the giving end or, as members of the regime in various ways. It is a very difficult topic, and the more time that passes
    and the less contact one has with persons who are contemporaries (there is a swiftly dwindling supply of such persons, which is a painful and sad fact to me, as these people were my teachers and friends), the more stilted the whole thing becomes.

I salute you for your authorship and you are joining a very crowded field, to be sure. Good luck.

My books don't have as nice a cover as yours, by the way.

But I have many friends who look like said persons, but they don't wear the badge on their shirts that way.

CBH
    ?

I wish you all success will your book, women are always under represented in history, particularly in relation to war.

But who suffers more, then women, mothers, wives, sisters, combatants or simply victims of history.

Thank you for telling their story. Don't take the photo critique to heart, it's a tough crowd.

I do not debate the contents of the book. This surely will be good and
    according the stories told by the ladies. They told it, you wrote about it!
    I was confused and that is why I asked if also the RAD weibliche Jugend
    was included, as this is shown!

For me it is in some ways disturbing to see a RAD girl when the author
    says the book is about BDM and such and when you speak about them,
    then one should not use a state eagle. That is my critic to the designer
    of the cover.
    This and other facts is also my critic when seeing movies about the war:
    lots of mistakes with uniforms, insignia and other things!

Just my opinion and yes, a cover can make a book. But for many it won't
    be a problem, as they have no idea about "uniform-knowledge".

Anyway, success with the book of course, as I know quite well when one
    has done research for so long, you like to get good critics and not such
    as given by me, but I am "an old bore". I write articles and books since
    1976 and critics makes one stronger. Best regards from Wim........

PS: the cover of your book gives the impression that one of the ladies is
    whom you are talking about in the book, but the cover-photo is shown
    in "Labour Organizations of the Reich", page 456, published in 1999.

Political correct (but for most, an eagle is an eagle):

By the way: the worn trousers should have the earth-brown color and
    not greyish! Mr. Wilkinson, the designer for the cover, has slipped up
    various mistakes for sure!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 04-28-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks for the comments and the book does indeed include a section by girls who carried out compulsory Labour Front services. Many young girls were required to do so usually at the age of 18. Some quite amusing capers went on too! Thanks Tim.

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Thanks for the comments and the book does indeed include a section by girls who carried out compulsory Labour Front services. Many young girls were required to do so usually at the age of 18. Some quite amusing capers went on too! Thanks Tim.
    -Yes, my Oma had to do the mandatory Landjahr (She hated it) and during the war she was drafted to work in the Mannheim "Kabelwerk" making Communications Wire for the Military...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2