Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler's last adjutant is dead !!!

Article about: Fritz Darges died on Sunday, 25 October 2009 aged 96. Shortly before he died, reporters of the German newspaper BILD met with him in his house in Celle (Lower Saxony). In an artictle entitle

?

Default Hitler's last adjutant is dead !!!

Fritz Darges died on Sunday, 25 October 2009 aged 96.
    Shortly before he died, reporters of the German newspaper BILD met with him in his house in Celle (Lower Saxony). In an artictle entitled "Hitlers letzter Adjutant tot" they write that he lived alone, his wife, a medical doctor having passed away three years ago. His state of health had declined, he did not hear well, he did not see well.
    His mind was alert. His memory was alive.
    Until his last breath he did not say a bad word about Adolf Hitler.
    When Fritz Darges was asked whether he would do everything again as he had done, he replied: "Ja. Unser Traum war doch ein großdeutsches Reich.“ ("Yes. Our dream, after all, was a Greater German Empire.")
    Fritz Darges wrote down his memoirs. They shall be published now after his death.

Adolf Hitlers letzter Adjutant Fritz Darges ist tot - News - Bild.de

I met Fritz some years ago at the OdR JHV in Siegburg and have some wonderful memories and photos of that meeting , he told myself and a friend the famous " fly " story personally . During the meeting on the Friday afternoon Otto Gunsche arrived to see Darges and they had along conversation , oh to have been a fly on that wall !!!!

Darges won the Ritterkreuz whilst commanding SS Panzer Regt 5 Wiking in April 1945.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's last adjutant is dead !!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler's last adjutant is dead !!!

Awesome Paul , time is starting to take alot more ww2 veterens now , more and more less each year .Great to have been able to meet with him ,
    R.I.P Fritz
    cheers Raymond

That is truely fascinating Paul. It is amazing what the hard core nazi believed or visioned for Germany no matter what the cost.

rgds, Ty

What a shame that he never changed his ideals of support for Hitler's murderous regime. How unfortunate that the passing years did not bring wisdom, regret, or a change of heart to him.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    What a shame that he never changed his ideals of support for Hitler's murderous regime. How unfortunate that the passing years did not bring wisdom, regret, or a change of heart to him.
    Yes your right Steve for some the influence of AH and those times they lived in could not be diminished even at the end.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Many photos will be circulating showing Darges as Hitlers adjutant , here is one of Darges the soldier and Commander of SS Panzer Regiment 5 " Wiking ".

Also in the photo are Knights Cross winners Fritz Vogt and Karl-Heinz Lichte.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler's last adjutant is dead !!!  

1st July 1916

A little bit of living history is now gone, to bad he had no regrets to educate the younger generations. Things now are just to gray for my liking.

Say What You Mean - Mean What You Say.

R.I.P. History will continiou