Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

How did we ever win the war?

Article about: small cakes, we have buttersotch krimpets , made by TASTY KAKE in N.J.

?

Default Re: How did we ever win the war?

small cakes, we have buttersotch krimpets , made by TASTY KAKE in N.J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How did we ever win the war?
    P
    Many

Last year I was talking to a 91 year old Soviet veteran and I asked his opinion of how the allies won the war and how the Soviets re-claimed their territory. He felt the allies' ability boiled-down to the assistance they got from the United States that turned the tide of the war for everyone involved. He prefaced his comment saying to me, "I am not just saying that to please an American". When I asked him about Soviet victory he commented on the spirit and will of the people and how it galvanized the country. In addition he added, "I don't think we could have mobilized in that way if our government had been a Democracy". One thing he mentioned that I'd like to ask the members here; he said while the Soviet army was paralyzed due to lack of leadership (i.e. the purges), the German command as he put it, "suffered too because to be a commander in Germany you were required to have been a commander of troops in WWI". Is this a correct statement about German command in WWII?

Hi Will, I would have to disagree with his comment about German commanders first having had to command in WW1. He was mistaken there.

Cheers, Ade.

That was a pretty cool video. Rammstein is very fitting. : )

Basically we won for thousands of reasons but in general, our quality/quantity ratio was better than the German's.

That's the worst music I have ever heard in my life,I can't figure out why that sound track matches German war clips.Remember the music in ''Apocalypse Now'' with the helicopters firing on the Vietnam village.Now that music.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3