Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Info about SS officer in Spain?

Article about: My friend recently told me about an SS officer who went to Spain after the war. He was supposedly from the earliest SS volunteer divisions, possibly the Flemish SS or the Dutch SS. What made

Question Info about SS officer in Spain?

My friend recently told me about an SS officer who went to Spain after the war. He was supposedly from the earliest SS volunteer divisions, possibly the Flemish SS or the Dutch SS.

What made him memorable was the fact that he was known to walk around in public, proudly wearing his SS uniform without a worry in the world.

Does anyone know the name of this man? I would love to know more about him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info about SS officer in Spain?
    P
    Many

I'm sure he was called "Asshole" a lot. LOL - just joking around. I haven't heard this before. That also sounds like a great way to get an Israeli hit squad sent in after you.

Hello!
    Him?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello!
    Him?
    I think this might be him! Thanks!

Interesting uniform he is wearing...any info on that?

?

Nice Degrelle picture

Hi

It is indeed Leon Degrelle. He was the leader of the Rexist party in Belgium pre and during the war. He served in the Legion Wallonie on the Eastern Front and then commanded the off shoot waffen SS units of Belgian and some French volunteers until the end of the war. He escaped to Spain in 1945 from Denmark by being flown across France in a Heinkel that only just landed on a beach on the Spanish side before running out of fuel. He wrote a self serving book called campaign in Russia that is available in English and offer's some in-site into his story. There are also two very good books on the Belgian volunteers that are more balanced......

One is called for Rex and for Belgium the other a photo album style book called Legion Wallonie 1941-1945. This will tell you much about them.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Tony