Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

An interesting photography.

Article about: Hello Forum, A while ago, i bought an very big and well preserved potrait of an Luftwaffe Soldier (I believe his rank was Unteroffizier) on a flea market in germany. Today i tried cleaning i

Default An interesting photography.

Hello Forum,

A while ago, i bought an very big and well preserved potrait of an Luftwaffe Soldier (I believe his rank was Unteroffizier) on a flea market in germany.
    Today i tried cleaning it and i found a name on the picture frame, and a makers marking, which shows that the picture was printed in Hannover.
    It read "Bohlmann" so i tried searching for that name, and i really found a entry that fits. On the website of the "Commonwealth War Graves Commission" there is only one entry with the name Bohlmann, a Luftwaffe Soldier who died on Thursday, August 13, 1942, presumably a shot down Aircraft i believe.
    So i want to ask, if there are any records of the German Airplanes that where shot down over england in 1942, and if you could provide a link, as i want to learn as much as possible about the man, which portrait i posess.
    If you have any other links or tipps that could help me confirm his identity completly, i would also be glad to have them.

Thank you very much,
    A

An interesting photography. The Picture.

An interesting photography. The writing on the back.

Search Results What i believe to be the date of his death and his grave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An interesting photography.
    P
    Many

As the post never got any attention it seems, i´m just reactivating it, maybe someone does know something that could help.