Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Jewish Soldiers fighting for the TR

Article about: Found this story in the Telegraph, quite old now. Very interesting read. Finnish Jewish soldiers fighting for the Wehrmacht and receiving the IC. The Jews who fought for Hitler: 'We did not

Default Jewish Soldiers fighting for the TR

Found this story in the Telegraph, quite old now. Very interesting read. Finnish Jewish soldiers fighting for the Wehrmacht and receiving the IC.

The Jews who fought for Hitler: 'We did not help the Germans. We had a common enemy' - Telegraph

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jewish Soldiers fighting for the TR
    P
    Many

Not really a case of fighting for the third reich but fighting a common enemy, still a very interesting article though and ironic that waffen ss troops were treated by Leo Skurnik!....

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

You do want to look at the book on Mischlinge in the Wehrmacht by Brian Rigg.

Amazing find, learn something new everyday, and if you're lucky you remember it...

Quote , and if you're lucky you remember it...

At least " we should never forget the bravery and sacrifice of others who gave their lives for the struggle for freedom"

I've always found the case of Finland in WWII very interesting and very conflicting.
    I sympathise strongly with their fight against the Soviet Union, and more so, because a family member volunteered for the Winter War.

But, on the other hand, we should be grateful for the Russian "steamroller" that made WWII end much faster.
    I dare not think of, how many years the war would have lasted had they not been on the side of the "allies".
    Although an uneasy ally at best.

But an interesting read, did not know of the Jewish soldiers in the Finnish army

?

Here is a good documentary. Very informative and interesting.
    It's funny how they bring up the fact that they promoted a German Soldier on a army magazine
    showing that this is what a German soldier should look like to later find out that he was a half Jew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZUwiLY5nt4

Watching it right now, it's very good, didn't even know about this, always more to learn...