Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Karl Hermann Frank

Article about: For those who may be interested, I have written a little of the background, development and events surrounding one of the Third Reich era's most reviled individuals, SS Obergruppenfuhrer Kar

?

Default Re: Karl Hermann Frank

Regarding the "pole" method, Mo is correct, it involves a strangulation through concerted pressure, whilst the victim is held/pulled down. Many feel that it is far worse than regular hanging, which can be much faster.

The villa is at Panenské Břežany, approximately 20km north of Prague. Heydrich's house is the "lower castle" in the village, whilst Frank lived in the "higher castle", up on the hill. Nowadays, its an old people's home. I'll add photographs and some interesting information regarding these houses later.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Thanks for the kind comments guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Hermann Frank
    P
    Many

?

Speaking of Panenské Břežany and the "Lower Castle," that shining beacon of truth (ahem), Daily Mail, writes that Heider Heydrich at some point offered to finance the resto of the buildings, where he lived as a kid with his parents:

Panenské Břežany

?

Yes scout, the Mail was reporting on the communication earlier this year, between the parties that may or may not be involved. Basically, and many people made the error in thinking that Heider wants to restore the house almost in a shrine like manner, it is as follows...

Heider, now 76 years of age, visited the house together with his wife not too long ago, just to see what could possibly be done with regards to some kind of restoration work, and together with the village authorities, they discussed possible uses for the house should it be restored. Plans being considered to open the old Frank house, i.e. the "Higher Castle" (I'll post some images of it later this evening), as a museum to commemorate the sacrifices of those who resisted the Nazi regime. The discussions surrounding the Heydrich property are a bit more complicated though, as the Frank house, whilst it houses elderly folk nowadays (their are plans to relocate them), is basically in very good condition, whilst the former Heydrich house is somewhat dilapidated. Many people want the Heydrich house either torn down or left to rot behind the wall of trees and garages/sheds that cloak its presence today, and they are angered at the possiblity of the house being opened up and them having to face this dark reminder of the past even more so, than they do already. The current owner cannot pay the reconstruction fees, and Heider Heydrich has offered to try and raise the necessary funds through investors and possibly even the European Monetary Fund too. He did not offer to pay for the work himself, as some believed. His aim is to restore the house to its former state, and then have it opened up as a museum used to commemorate either victims of the Nazi regime, or as a memorial and exhibition to those who resisited, similar to (and no doubt depending on), what happens over at the Frank house. As it stands, that is the situation as of today. When I have some updates, I shall post them, as and when the information arises.

Regards,

Carl

?

Yes, from the article in the Mail, it sounds like he got no good reception re his suggestion. I guess, there is alot of resentment still.
    It was also my impression, that his intention was to pave the way for donations from the EU and not pay himself.
    News to me was that he wanted the house to be a memorial to the victims of the TR.

?

Yes lebus, the prison at Pankrac did have a guillotine, but Frank was executed in the courtyard outside the main building (see the photograph above).

Good question Nick, indeed many have asked it over the years, as there was no way people such as Frank where going to evade justice. The Germans knew what had been, and what was being done, in the East, and feared the "Red Revenge" greatly. Hence the scramble to reach the American lines, rather than be swallowed up by Stalin's horde...

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 03-20-2016 at 10:00 PM.

?

The pole execution sounds nasty.
    Almost as bad as the garotte.

?

Here are some images of the "Higher Castle", the former residence of Karl Hermann Frank, as it is today. The house is currently being used as a residence for seniors, although as stated above, this could well change in the not too distant future.

The images below include a view of the driveway leading up to the main gate, the house itself, the side entrance and also the chapel in the grounds in front of the house. The grounds offer some nice views of the Bohemian landscape, which on a day like yesterday, can be very pleasant.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images Karl Hermann Frank  Karl Hermann Frank 

?

More images...
    Attached Images Attached Images Karl Hermann Frank  Karl Hermann Frank  Karl Hermann Frank 

?

Below, a portrait of Karl Frank from the Prague Year Book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl Hermann Frank  

?

And a thread addressing the vehicle shown earlier in the thread, Karl Frank's modified Mercedes:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histor...ks-car-106603/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast