Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KIEV 1941 by David Stahel

Article about: Just completed this book and thought I would let members know this is definitely worth while reading. Author makes it clear it was certainly no easy walk-over for the German forces in the ea

Default KIEV 1941 by David Stahel

Just completed this book and thought I would let members know this is definitely worth while reading. Author makes it clear it was certainly no easy walk-over for the German forces in the east from June 22 to mid September. Granted a victory which bagged hundreds of thousands Soviet prisoners as well as destroying or capturing vast amounts of materiel but was also costly to the germans in terms of men and equipment. Also dicusses the arguing and differences of opinion between Guderian and Bock concerning displacement of troops to Guderian's sector of the front. Very well written and informative. This is one book I have found to be exceptional. Hope others will enjoy also.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KIEV 1941 by David Stahel
    P
    Many

One more to lookout for!....

Thumbs up

Good recommendation - I have all David Stahel's books about the Eastern Front ( his one about Barbarossa being especially good ).

Thanks for feedback so far. I enjoy reading books on individual battles as so much more info is added pertaining to each battle. I will definitely look for the book suggested by Martin. I have Stalingrad Cauldron coming as a gift and will report on it when done reading.