Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Large photo report on the fighting of German armor in Hungary - useful for research

Article about: Dear All, Just want to post ta link to a very nice photo report that I found on the internet on the fighting of German armored formations in Hungary (including SS units). It's a war time rep

Default Re: Large photo report on the fighting of German armor in Hungary - useful for research

Usually those were either utilized for scrap metal or used as fixed practice targets at tank schools. In some cases the were given to the allies of the USSR (e.g. Bulgaria, Romania) and used in their armies either in regular units or as immobilized fortifications (like on the border between Bulgaria and Turkey).

Large photo report on the fighting of German armor in Hungary - useful for research

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Amazing images ! That knocked out King Tiger at the beginning still looks in good nick !! I wonder what happened tho these slain monsters

Thanks for showing this site

Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large photo report on the fighting of German armor in Hungary - useful for research
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Large photo report on the fighting of German armor in Hungary - useful for research

Evgeni excellent information, thanks for taking time out !! that last picutre looks rather sad!! but great fun for the kids to play on!! lol Cheers Terry.

Always welcome to share, there is a wealth of info very detailed information in Russian not accessible to a wide auditorium of people that are interested. Language barrier is really a problem in this case.

What concerns the German tank in Bulgaria, they didn't end up in a ditch: Nazi tanks offered for sale in Bulgaria | Reuters

You still might be able to get one yourself

Great link, friend! The photos are all new to me and I'm surprised to see that captured british "Matildas" were used in the defense of Budapest! Great Armor photos and great information...Much appreciated, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2