MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes

Article about: The last remaining Navajo Code talker has passed away following illness. Chester Nez, aged 93, was one of a group of 250 Navajo chosen for the project which was to frustrate the Japanese and

?

Default Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes

The last remaining Navajo Code talker has passed away following illness. Chester Nez, aged 93, was one of a group of 250 Navajo chosen for the project which was to frustrate the Japanese and undoubtedly save thousands of lives in the Pacific War.

Below is a link to a BBC article, from where the image attached was also taken.

BBC News - Navajo Code Talker Chester Nez dies at 93
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes
    P
    Many

This actually made the radio news here today as well. Lest We Forget.

?

Default Navajo Code Talkers

Hello,
    This is very sad, living in Arizona I got to meet several of these men over the years. As a matter of fact the monuments to the Code Talkers is in our state. The sad news is that most young Americans remember little if any of their contributions or the contributions of the greatest generation. I should know I am a History teacher and I am shocked with what little knowledge they or their parent have.

Regards,
    Jody

Here are pictures of the monuments or statues to them. Two are located in downtown Phoenix (here I am with my son at one back in 2007), and one is located in Window Rock Arizona.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes   Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes  

Last of Navajo Code Talkers Passes