Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

liberation-norway in 1945

Article about: Found this interesting and some great photos First Invasion Then Liberation: Norway in 1945 - Argunners

Default liberation-norway in 1945

Found this interesting and some great photos First Invasion Then Liberation: Norway in 1945 - Argunners

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement liberation-norway in 1945
    P
    Many

Nice link.

It's interesting to note the photo of prisoners being transitted from the prison camp to one in Germany bears the line "...a final screening of prisoners was carried out by walking the prisoners past two Gestapo men and one ‘Quisling’ woman who were to identify any of their former colleagues trying to pass themselves off as ordinary German soldiers."

The "Quisling woman" is clearly the one under arrest in the next photo and is named as "Ruth Anderson, the only Norwegian woman to work at the Gestapo HQ." This photo was taken in 1945, so approximately 5 years after the previous one.

liberation-norway in 1945liberation-norway in 1945

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

They both seem to be from 1945 --- the Gestapo men and the "Quisling" woman were probably commanded to carry out this screening task by Norwegian/Allied authorities in order to pick out any major culprits that were simply posing as regular men of the German Army trying to evade scrutiny.

This clip show a nighttime inspection of German POWs in 1945, they are looking for Gestapo personnel trying to blend in with the common soldiers --- you can see that they actually found one right there at the end.
    Now, I don't know if this particular clip involves former collaborators helping out with the identification process as in the previously mentioned photos but I have seen at least one other clip from here in Norway where collaborators are compelled to look for and single out any of their former comrades, probably under some duress or some promise of relative leniency (we had one of the harshest post-war tribunals out of all the countries involved, especially with regards to national traitors).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhE4g1qDsY

Ned's picture is in Elverum Camp

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

All 1945

Quote by slados28 View Post
    All 1945
    I realise that now....What the hell was I thinking....????.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

to much gin Ned.--LoL.

Nice pictures.

I like the box full of goodies!

Several of my friends who served in the Parachute Regt Pathfinders were in Norway in 1945. They had found memories of a great time there and thought it was there best posting ever.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast