MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

ll/215 IK

Article about: Hello I am doing some research on units in the Rzhev salient. I have a old TR war map and on this map there is a "unit" description saying ll/215IK, if i read it correctly. Did the

?

Default ll/215 IK

Hello

I am doing some research on units in the Rzhev salient. I have a old TR war map and on this map there is a "unit" description saying ll/215IK, if i read it correctly. Did the TR use the term IK, and if so what does this mean?

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ll/215 IK
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ll/215 IK

Hi mate it could refer to Infanterie Korps but not in this conext as II / 215 suggests 2nd Btl Infanterie Regt 215 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank you yet again mate. There is a lot of IR, PzGrR, Pz and so on. All them i know of course, but then there is this IK.... Maybe it says II/21SIK???

?

I solved the question Paul. Scanned the maps and put it to Adobe ImageReady CS and enhanced it. It says II/215IR. On one map the top of the R was missing so it looks like a K. Also it is in hand writing so.... But it is evident that it says IR.