Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for anything of people with the lastname "Witte"

Article about: Hey there guys, I was reading about a dutch ss soldier who fought together with a person called SS-Unterscharführer Rudolf Witte. Does anyone know where I can find a picture, and more inform

Default Looking for anything of people with the lastname "Witte"

Hello there guys,
    I am doing some research and I am looking for paperwork or photo's of people with the lastname "Witte" (which is my lastname aswell, tough my family lives in Holland and is not German). I know of 3 U-Boat commanders with the lastname "witte", respectively Helmut Witte, Werner Witte, and Erwin Witte. But ofcourse there are many more. I know there was a wehrpass of a Witte for sale on ebay in 2001 (yes, a long time ago). I was hoping some of you guys have something in your collection of any Witte during the Third Reich era. Could you please post foto's if you have anything? I would be REALLY grateful!!

Kind regards,
    Remy Witte.

P.S. if you do have anything from a Witte in your collection, and you are willing to sell it, please contact me. Cheers.
    Last edited by Angatta; 01-21-2014 at 01:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for anything of people with the lastname "Witte"
    P
    Many

Gustav C. Witte ... Ernst Erich Witte..PD Witte......all of which are Solingen cutlery producers...I will dig deeper in some of my references for street addresses..if you need them. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Would be very nice Larry C!

And thanks Mads^^

?

Here's something from my collection, a document for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse made out to a Hermann Witte:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for anything of people with the lastname "Witte"  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Awesome!

Here are 6 names of Solingen Edged weapon and cutlery producers that end in Witte. The Addresses.. were last recorded in 1937..and nothing current is available...or possibly these businesses have been closed since the end of the war.

1. Carl Gustav Witte: address- Breite Str 2. Solingen Hohescheid
    2. Ernst Witte : address - Mankhauser Str 1. Solingen Ohligs
    3. Ernst Erich Witte : address - Ritter Str 52. Solingen
    4. PD Witte : address - Birker Str 35. Solingen
    5. Rich Witte : address - Ritter Str 73 Solingen
    6. Wilhelm Witte : Munich

Good luck on the hunt! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry!

I found a signed picture and a letter from Ritterkreuztrager Albert Witte ^^ Here are some pictures:

Attachment 649523Attachment 649524Attachment 649526

Can anyone read what he wrote in the letter? I cannot read his handwriting:P

Cheers,
    Remy

So I am not the only one who can't read this handwriting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast