Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Rosters

Article about: Hello guys,if I had the name of a Luftwaffe officer how could I go about resurching this pilot.I am buying this fellows 1st model dagger.Operaman

Default Luftwaffe Rosters

Hello guys,if I had the name of a Luftwaffe officer how could I go about resurching this pilot.I am buying this fellows 1st model dagger.Operaman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Rosters
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Rosters

It is very difficult to research members of the Luftwaffe etc. Not like doing someone who was in the SS. The problem being, personal files are sealed by the German Govt and they will only release info to next of kin. But if he was highly decorated, with a least the DKiG, you might be able to get some info, as these men are better publicly documentated.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is very difficult to research members of the Luftwaffe etc. Not like doing someone who was in the SS. The problem being, personal files are sealed by the German Govt and they will only release info to next of kin. But if he was highly decorated, with a least the DKiG, you might be able to get some info, as these men are better publicly documentated.

Cheers, Ade.
    My Opa was a groundcrew member (loaded bombs on Stukas) in the luftwaffe. All I know from pictures are his name, rank (Obergefreiter), birthdate, and that he served in Poland, France, and Russia. Can you point me in the right direction to get started on finding out his regiment/company. Thanks.

Hi Pablo, as you are family this is much easier, as the next of kin can gain access to records.

Did he survive the war?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pablo, as you are family this is much easier, as the next of kin can gain access to records.

Did he survive the war?

Cheers, Ade.

Yes. He survived the war and died in 1980. Born in Wiesbaden. He worked for USAF postwar.