Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe unit intel needed....

Article about: I am making inquiries into any and all information relating to the following Luftwaffe units: The 127th Seeaufklärungsfliegergruppe (sea planes) and the 11th Nachtschlachtgruppe, which was o

Default Luftwaffe unit intel needed....

I am making inquiries into any and all information relating to the following Luftwaffe units: The 127th Seeaufklärungsfliegergruppe (sea planes) and the 11th Nachtschlachtgruppe, which was on the Narva front.....
    Any insignia on the planes, etc,... I have a relative, one Ewald Stein, who was a navigator/radio operator, later an instructor at Libau. I am trying to piece together his recollections, and hope to craft a story out of his experiences.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you, from me, and Ewald...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe unit intel needed....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe unit intel needed....

Thanks for the response....but......does that site have a language conversion site. I can try to print it and drive up to see him, but he is in poor spirits, and may not be able to figure anything out. His wife speaks/reads Esti and German, but will not know Ger. Military terms. Ewald flew float planes out of Tallin, then down to Libau to serve as a Navigation instructor. While there, the Germans discovered that he had attended the Estoian Military Academy as an Infantry reserve officer, and that he should be transferred to work with newly forming Esti infantry volunteers.
    He wanted nothing of that, and his only option was to volunteer for the front with a LW combat unit. That was how he ended up flying in bi-planes on the Narva front. I figure that anything I find will lift his spirits. I only found out about Ewald (my wife's brother's father-in-law) last October, before I got married (at a WWII train event!!), even though we had met two years earlier. Now I am making up for lost time....and he is now weary of life...
    Thanks for your info....now if I can read it!!!
    Mike

Mike

I have a number of photos and a profile for SAGr 127 and also NSGr 11.

Is it possible for Ewald to identify the emblem in the last photo as belonging to 3./NSGr.11?

Many Thanks

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe unit intel needed....   Luftwaffe unit intel needed....  

Luftwaffe unit intel needed....   Luftwaffe unit intel needed....  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe unit intel needed....  Luftwaffe unit intel needed....