Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Malmedy item...

Article about: Not suren where to post this item, III Reich or Allied as they both have a link to it. In fact it is not even military, and without its history and the village name mentioned on it, it would

Default Malmedy item...

Not suren where to post this item, III Reich or Allied as they both have a link to it.
    In fact it is not even military, and without its history and the village name mentioned on it, it wouldn't even be wurth looking at twice.
    What is it? It's a warning sign from an electricity pole from Malmedy. It has the pre-war three digit phone number on it from the electricity firm, and it is a period piece. They were taken of the poles in the village, guess as a sort of souvenir of what had happened there, although I don't think souvenir is the right word. Don't think there are many out there any more.
    Would it be of any value at all? Maybe to a collector of items of the Malmedy massacre, iff such collectors even exist?
    Its just a very strange object, no clue what to do with it, or where it belongs. This one popped up last week.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malmedy item...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Malmedy item...
    P
    Many

Lightbulb Re: Malmedy item...

I would guess that this item would have curiosity value only - very much a case of 'what someone is prepared to pay for it' if they fancied it for a display background item, etc.....

?

Default Re: Malmedy item...

Yeah I go with Martin on this 1, a background item with the theme of that area & time in history...Different put it that way.. Cheers Terry.

Yes it is civil, as I stated in the first post; "In fact it is not even military".
    It was once screwed to the wooden poles in the vilage of Malmedy. A lot of them got nicked as a sort of souvenrir, this one looks like it has been removed with a bajonet or something, breaking the cormers of the plate. What makes it interesting is the name of the vilage, and the period.
    Anyway its for sale for 30 euros.