Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mark Felton on youtube, War history videos.

Article about: Hello all, I want to share a youtube channel that i enjoy alot. It has short-mid length video's about very interesting subjects and different kind of wars that our planet has been in. If you

Dos
    ?

@captain20052019

Unfortunately i have seen this happen also and i don't like the comments either. Maybe because these videos are widely available voor everyone and the internet is an easy place to judge... Don't know any other place he posts his productions. Hope it all stays

---

Nice to see that alot of you know his youtube channel!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mark Felton on youtube, War history videos.
    P
    Many

Quote by Dos View Post
    @captain20052019

Unfortunately i have seen this happen also and i don't like the comments either. Maybe because these videos are widely available voor everyone and the internet is an easy place to judge... Don't know any other place he posts his productions. Hope it all stays

---

He has this site

Mark Felton | Author and Military Historian

Quote by Dos View Post
    @captain20052019

---

The Neo-Nazi accusations are something we deal with as collectors as well of course and it's frustrating because we know where we stand but there's no convincing those who liberally toss around the Nazi label. The 'Progressive' crowd would love nothing more than to erase the Third Reich from history but fortunately, every single one of us on this forum are ensuring history isn't lost. Mark Felton is doing the same of course & his videos are a much needed service.

History doesn't care about your feelings & doesn't care about your 'safe space'. Outsiders also fail to realize that not every one was a Nazi during the Third Reich period. As someone who served in the military, I do feel sympathy for those Wehrmacht vets who didn't commit war crimes, who went through hell not because they believed in NSDAP ideology but because they were conscripted. These men fought, saw horrific things, lost friends etc. for no reason other than being a military age German male. There is no doubt those experiences forever changed their lives & they certainly suffered the psychological ramifications of war for the remainder of their lives. It's not fair to them to try to erase their history simply because some members of their government/military did horrific things.

During my time in the Army there were multiple cases of war crimes committed against civilians in Iraq. I would not want my service judged on the actions of those who just happened to wear the same uniform as me. I want my service judged on MY actions & the actions of the majority of the institution. So that's why I feel sympathy for those Wehrmacht soldiers who did absolutely nothing wrong.

Sorry for the rant but it really frustrates me how society treats history & those involved.

Well said captain20052019.

I'm glad I adopted the habit years ago to avoid scrolling down to the YouTube comments. If the comment section is that toxic, I hope he may consider disabling it to protect the future of his channel.

CBH
    ?

He does a great job because he doesn't glorify the TR but simply tells it's history, accurately and unbiasedly.
    We get our share of wackjobs around here who deny the bloody history of the nazis and or hope to glorify it.
    But thankfully they are dealt with quickly and banned. This is a place for history and not politics.
    Also, never read the comments, life is just simpler that way.

Quote by CBH View Post
    He does a great job because he doesn't glorify the TR but simply tells it's history, accurately and unbiasedly.
    We get our share of wackjobs around here who deny the bloody history of the nazis and or hope to glorify it.
    But thankfully they are dealt with quickly and banned. This is a place for history and not politics.
    Also, never read the comments, life is just simpler that way.
    Exactly, big difference between teaching/preserving history and glorifying history.

The only positive sentiment that I have ever held about the Third Reich is that they sure made good looking uniforms, helmets, medals, insignia etc. & that sentiment is purely from an aesthetic perspective. It's also hard to argue against Third Reich weaponry and the impact on future weapons they had with arms like the Sturmgewehr 44, MG42, MP 40, V rockets etc.

CBH
    ?

I usually say "They where evil bastards but they sure where snappy dressers".

Dos
    ?

Some interesting footage that shows Hitler's eastern front headquarters:

Werwolf - Hitler's Forgotten Eastern Front Headquarters - YouTube

I'm a viewer of his videos as well!! He puts in a ton of research, it's incredible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast