Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria Values Today

Article about: Colleagues, First, I have no desire to rekindle any dialog regarding Mr. Craig Gottlieb. However, an auction closed today on his site that gives us all a measure of current Militaria values.

?

Default Militaria Values Today

Colleagues,

First, I have no desire to rekindle any dialog regarding Mr. Craig Gottlieb. However, an auction closed today on his site that gives us all a measure of current Militaria values. That site is: Craig Gottlieb Militaria Auctions. I do not know how long the items and their selling prices will be displayed but I sense several of you may be interested in taking a look at the SA High Leader Dagger that went for a modest $41,600.

Cheers,
    Rick

P.S. Please, no hate mail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militaria Values Today
    P
    Many

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

These auctions aren't really about value, more what a person is willing to pay for a particular piece. I am fairly confident that the dagger in question is a rare piece but how that rarity equates to value is a mystery. The true value might be half that price for example but if two or three people with the money all wanted it, they would out bid each other and artificially raise the price and therefore the perceived value.
    An item is only worth what one person is willing to pay for it, it doesn't necessarily mean that piece carries that value.

Not everything is as it seems.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Not sure why we need another thread advertising this sellers wares. The links are there so if anyone wants to see them, but no need for further comment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The going price for a SA High leaders dagger is now nearing between 50,000 - 60,000 US. This is a price tag in which is acceptable in worth for this type of collector. All dealers set their own standards or pricing from what they paid for it,,and what they offer it for. All dealers vary,,its always best to shop around. The final bid price..on CGs auction is almost within range of what they sell for..so who ever one that dagger..saved a few thousand.
    For me..I would rather buy a full Rohm inscription minty example and use the rest..for a down payment on a house. ...but hey..if you got it flaunt it..spend that money. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill