Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My great grandfathers death card. Need help idenifying if he was in the Panzer Crops.

Article about: All that I know was that he was in the Waffen-SS and he was an Oberscharffuhrer. Being that he was an Oberscharffuhrer im guessing that he was transferred to the panzer corps but I dont know

?

Default My great grandfathers death card. Need help idenifying if he was in the Panzer Crops.

My great grandfathers death card. Need help idenifying if he was in the Panzer Crops. All that I know was that he was in the Waffen-SS and he was an Oberscharffuhrer. Being that he was an Oberscharffuhrer im guessing that he was transferred to the panzer corps but I dont know which one. He died on September 12th, 1944 in Pec Yugoslavia. It said at the Lattai Pass?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My great grandfathers death card. Need help idenifying if he was in the Panzer Crops.
    P
    Many

Stab/Staff 2 Komp 21 Waffen-Gebirgsdivision der SS "Skanderbeg"...An SS Mountain Unit (Albanian), not Armoured/Panzer...
    cheers, Glenn

Very cool item, thanks for sharing. Any other stories or information regarding your grandfather?

?

Thanks Glenn. Even though he was a Oberscharffuhrer he was in the Mountain troops. He had previously been in the SA and was squad leader then. He was then transferred to the Waffen SS. Ive read how most SA squad leaders were transferred to the Panzer corps.

?

Wait nevermind, thank you so much glenn all the info of the place where they were active matches up and he was killed by partisans so it all makes sense now. My grandma can now know who her father was. I found a picture of what an oberscharffuhrer of that division looked like and it made my grandma shed tears and bring back memories.