Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My trip in Normandy!

Article about: Hello people! I just finished uploading the photos from the trip I made... I would love to make a post here but as the photos are more than 900 I made one on FB... If you follow the link you

Default My trip in Normandy!

Hello people!

I just finished uploading the photos from the trip I made... I would love to make a post here but as the photos are more than 900 I made one on FB...
    If you follow the link you will be directed to my FB page with my collection where you can see my Normandy album!

https://www.facebook.com/michaelxenikakisWW2/

https://www.facebook.com/michaelxenikakisWW2/

Sorry for redirecting you guys but uploading 900 photos here would make a mess!
    You are more than welcome to visit my page and see the album!
    Just click at the link, go at the Photos section and you'll see the album...
    I'm sure you'll love it since there are some real treasures photographed there!

I visited:

-Sword Beach
    -Sword Beach Bunker Museum
    -Juno Beach
    -Juno Visitor Centre
    -Omaha Beach
    -Omaha US cemetery
    -Omaha Overlord Museum
    -Pegasus Bridge and
    -Pegasus Memorial

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My trip in Normandy!
    P
    Many

Many thanks, Mate, 900 pictures !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Actually the pictures are 2,000...
    The uploaded ones are 900!!

2000 and it's a part of Normandy !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Had a look some good pictures.. liking the landing craft.. Cheers Terry.

Thanks Terry! Glad you like it!

MAP
    ?

so...was the public transportation OK?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

GREAT .SUPER.AMAZING...i made commends ... Mike do you find easy a car, or bus to go there???

So lads... Public transportation was a pain! The buses were on time but they had very limited schedules. For example there were only 2 buses going at Omaha and only one coming back. I had to go 2 times there to see everything! And that costed me 50euro... If I decided to visit Point Du Hoc it would have been only for 20 minutes... All in all public trasportation if you want to visit Normandy is not a good idea. Certainly if you go on a vacation period as I did... During Easter the schedule is more rare than on normal days! My advice is, if you want to make the trip, rent a car! It will save you much time to visit everything at your convenience! Taxis are too expensive too!
    The first thing one must do when reaching Caen is pay a visit at the Tourist Office. The guys there are super friendly and helpful in everything I asked them! It was the first thing I did every day and we made the day's plan together...