Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My Wehrmacht Friend

Article about: Thought I would share some photos of me and my good friend who served in the Wehrmacht during WW2. He was originally in the Luftwaffe, but later transferred to the Wehrmacht. He fought on bo

Default My Wehrmacht Friend

Thought I would share some photos of me and my good friend who served in the Wehrmacht during WW2. He was originally in the Luftwaffe, but later transferred to the Wehrmacht. He fought on both eastern, and western fronts. He was captured by the British in 1944, and once released he returned to his home in east Germany. He escaped the communist In the east, and safety made it to west Germany. Once he made it to west Germany he immigrated to the U.S. and the rest is history. I visit him every chance I get, and his memories of the war are amazing. Here are some pictures of me reuniting him with the same type of equipment he would have used. His eyes instantly lit up once he
    saw the potato masher again lol. If you have any questions about his journey, please let me know and i will try to answer them. Best regards- Jarret

My Wehrmacht FriendMy Wehrmacht FriendMy Wehrmacht Friend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Wehrmacht Friend
    P
    Many

Nothing compares to living history...all the artifacts can not hold a candle to an eyewitness account of time served in any of the armed forces during those times. There are only a handful of these soldiers left from WW2...which every moment these guys speak ..we should stay silent and listen ..and after that they have lived their life.

Its honorable to see some of these guys still around..and it must be an exhilarating thrill to visit a person that lived during that time.
    Well done and thankyou for sharing with this community.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Please pass it on to him that I greatly respect what he went through. Try and keep a record of any information he gives you. Thank you for posting.

Just out of curiosity, could you ask him if he ever encountered the following item during his service. Might be able to clear up a long debated question. Thank you.

My Wehrmacht Friend

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nothing compares to living history...all the artifacts can not hold a candle to an eyewitness account of time served in any of the armed forces during those times. There are only a handful of these soldiers left from WW2...which every moment these guys speak ..we should stay silent and listen ..and after that they have lived their life.

Its honorable to see some of these guys still around..and it must be an exhilarating thrill to visit a person that lived during that time.
    Well done and thankyou for sharing with this community.

Regards Larry
    No problem! Your completely right, we must cherish these experiences. These amazing men are almost gone from the planet.
    you wont believe this. A few weeks ago he was telling me his opinion about the rising tensions in north Korea. I actually had
    a conversation with a Wehrmacht vet about the conditions in north Korea lol
    Best regards- Jarret

Quote by visor View Post
    Please pass it on to him that I greatly respect what he went through. Try and keep a record of any information he gives you. Thank you for posting.

Just out of curiosity, could you ask him if he ever encountered the following item during his service. Might be able to clear up a long debated question. Thank you.

My Wehrmacht Friend
    Sure thing! During our next visit ill tell him. Ill also save this pic to show him too.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Thank you Jarret. To see this man has been the best post I have ever read. What a true honour it must be to sit and talk.....and listen. Thanks again. Alain

Quote by visor View Post
    Thank you Jarret. To see this man has been the best post I have ever read. What a true honour it must be to sit and talk.....and listen. Thanks again. Alain
    It truly is a wonderful experience to sit, and visit with him frequently. Ill share one more experience me and him had. During his surrender to the British, he was shot up bad. Since he was captured he was never awarded the wound badge. So i gave him one from my collection. He was so great full, his daughter told me he actually wore it to church the next day.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Just reading that story made me feel happy, proud of you young man! Have to say thinking of him sporting his wound badge to church, made me slightly misty eyed. Fantastic story!

Quote by visor View Post
    Just reading that story made me feel happy, proud of you young man! Have to say thinking of him sporting his wound badge to church, made me slightly misty eyed. Fantastic story!
    When his daughter texted me that, I had to hold back the tears myslef. Im just so happy that I was able to have this experience, and it doesn't end here. Im still visiting him every chance I get.

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    Could not agree more.

Your a good man Jarret! He is the last of a rapidly shrinking group unfortunately.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast