Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Wehrmacht Friend

Article about: Thought I would share some photos of me and my good friend who served in the Wehrmacht during WW2. He was originally in the Luftwaffe, but later transferred to the Wehrmacht. He fought on bo

Very cool and interesting! I'm sure he has many great stories! Glad to see some other Houstonian's as I too am from the Houston area

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Wehrmacht Friend
    P
    Many

Had a really good visit with my friend today. Unfortunately I was not able to ask the questions you guys wanted me to ask him, he wasn't feeling too good today. But I was able to brighten his day with these gifts. I first gave him some German chocolate "Milka" which he really appreciated. Then after I gave him the chocolate, I told him that I had a very special item to give him. I presented him a minty EK2. His eyes instantly lit up once he saw the infamous award. He told me it was very beautiful, but he did not earn it. I told him I know you didn't earn it properly, but after all the stuff you've been through you more then deserve it. He gratefully accepted it! He asked me if it was the 2nd or 1st version. I told him it was the second, and he quickly showed me what area it would have been worn on the uniform. I could tell after visiting with him, and awarding him the EK2 he was in a better mood despite not feeling too well. Again a HUGE thank you to UK cousin. This wouldn't have happened with out your help. Appreciate it soooo very much.

Best regards- Jarret

My Wehrmacht FriendMy Wehrmacht FriendMy Wehrmacht Friend

I thought about the fact that he may say he didn't earn the EK2.. But guess what, neither did we. At least he's a veteran.

- - ------- - -

Awesome job!

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I thought about the fact that he may say he didn't earn the EK2.. But guess what, neither did we. At least he's a veteran.

- - ------- - -

Awesome job!
    So very true. He deserves it way more then any of us.

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

very special indeed.

Maybe we can get him an Ost Front medal or a West Wall award? Would he have earned those? If so, I think I could scrounge one or two of these up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    very special indeed.

Maybe we can get him an Ost Front medal or a West Wall award? Would he have earned those? If so, I think I could scrounge one or two of these up.
    Really appreciate the offer MAP!! Im not familiar with the qualifications for those badges though. When I presented him the wound badge during our first visit, he REALLY loved it. I guess it was because he actually met the requirements for it, but never got it. Hes building a small collection LoL. I gave him the wound bagde, mint eastern front medal, and a mint EK2. Im sure he would like more additions LoL. Let me know what you would like to do MAP. Thanks for your great support!!

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

Next time you speak to him, see if he earned it (or wants one). I will try to find one or the other. Happy to help. My dealer usually has a number of these. Might not be minty like the EK2 but I saw a nice West Wall medal in his case today.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe he was only on the western front. Am I right Jarret?

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I believe he was only on the western front. Am I right Jarret?
    Jarret said he fought both eastern and western (1st post). I know I can get my hands on a nice West Wall. The Ost Front, not sure if my dealer has a nice example.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Next time you speak to him, see if he earned it (or wants one). I will try to find one or the other. Happy to help. My dealer usually has a number of these. Might not be minty like the EK2 but I saw a nice West Wall medal in his case today.
    Will do MAP. Ill ask him during the next visit. Me, and him both greatly appreciate the support. Ill make sure to get back with you as soon as our next visit is over. Thanks again for the amazing offer!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast