Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Wehrmacht Friend

Article about: Thought I would share some photos of me and my good friend who served in the Wehrmacht during WW2. He was originally in the Luftwaffe, but later transferred to the Wehrmacht. He fought on bo

Yes he fought on both fronts. Defiantly one lucky man to have survived. He thanks god everyday for surviving the war.

Best regards- Jarret

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Wehrmacht Friend
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Yes he fought on both fronts. Defiantly one lucky man to have survived. He thanks god everyday for surviving the war.

Best regards- Jarret
    And so he should. The least we can do for a good man. It may take me a bit to meet up with my dealer. I know I will definitely see him if Feb but hopefully I will see him well before then (he wants to sell me a helmet...LoL)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    And so he should. The least we can do for a good man. It may take me a bit to meet up with my dealer. I know I will definitely see him if Feb but hopefully I will see him well before then (he wants to sell me a helmet...LoL)
    No rush MAP, please take your time. We could always add another helmet to the shelf!! LoL

Best regards- Jarret

Today I bring horrible news to the forum. Just last Friday I received a call from my friends daughter, she informed me that her father had passed away that night. I will try to explain what happened to the best of my abilities.

During my recent visits with this great man, he had informed me that his health was in a decline. He had fallen multiple times within the last few months, and was experiencing terrible pains from the wounds he received in 1944. His daughter informed me that he was recently taken to a local nursing home for care. His health continued to spiral downward, and he was brought to a hospital just a few days ago for treatment. He passed away at the hospital due to a previously undetected medical condition that he was suffering from. This devastating news really hit me hard that Friday night, and im still in disbelieve that he is actually gone. He was a great friend of mine, and he always welcomed me with open arms. I informed his daughter about this thread, and told her about the overwhelming support you have all given to her father. She has asked that I pass along my thanks to everyone involved. So from the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the amazing support you have given. I would also like to give a VERY special thank you to UK cousin, and MAP. Both of these members have arranged for awards to be sent to my friend. Unfortunately the awards sent by MAP never made it to my friend, as he already passed before I could present them. I will be offering these awards to his daughter, in hopes that she will want to keep them as a memory of her father.

I would like to share one more thing with you guys. My friends daughter told me that he had brought the awards I presented him to the nursing home he was staying at. She said he was VERY proud of them, and they gave him some happiness in his final days.

I will forever miss this man, and for as long as I live; I will never forget his legacy.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Today I bring horrible news to the forum. Just last Friday I received a call from my friends daughter, she informed me that her father had passed away that night. I will try to explain what happened to the best of my abilities.

During my recent visits with this great man, he had informed me that his health was in a decline. He had fallen multiple times within the last few months, and was experiencing terrible pains from the wounds he received in 1944. His daughter informed me that he was recently taken to a local nursing home for care. His health continued to spiral downward, and he was brought to a hospital just a few days ago for treatment. He passed away at the hospital due to a previously undetected medical condition that he was suffering from. This devastating news really hit me hard that Friday night, and im still in disbelieve that he is actually gone. He was a great friend of mine, and he always welcomed me with open arms. I informed his daughter about this thread, and told her about the overwhelming support you have all given to her father. She has asked that I pass along my thanks to everyone involved. So from the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the amazing support you have given. I would also like to give a VERY special thank you to UK cousin, and MAP. Both of these members have arranged for awards to be sent to my friend. Unfortunately the awards sent by MAP never made it to my friend, as he already passed before I could present them. I will be offering these awards to his daughter, in hopes that she will want to keep them as a memory of her father.

I would like to share one more thing with you guys. My friends daughter told me that he had brought the awards I presented him to the nursing home he was staying at. She said he was VERY proud of them, and they gave him some happiness in his final days.

I will forever miss this man, and for as long as I live; I will never forget his legacy.

Best regards- Jarret
    Sorry for your loss of a friend and his families' loss of a patriarch. Good that you had the chance to know him, as those of us that are older have had the chance to know these men. Remember his stories and record them if you haven't already, for it won't be long and that generation will have fully vanished.
    My sincere condolences.

?

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Know in your heart that you had a chance to know him while other did not. You were very fortunate to have had that great experience with that Man!

You have my heart felt condolences
    Semper Fi
    Phil

My sincerest condolences for your loss, and for his family.

These men are slipping away at an alarming rate, and with them their stories and experiences. You at least can say that you had a chance to not only speak with this man, but ended up being able to call him a friend. His memory will live on through the friendship you had, and through the things you learnt from him. Just think, one day you'll be able to tell your descendants that you were once on first name terms with a member of the greatest generation. You'll be able to pass on his stories and experiences, and through those he will truly live forever.

Very best regards, B.B.

My sincere condolences Jarret - my thoughts are with you and his family.
    Kind Regards,
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Jarret,

I'm sure your friendship to him meant just as much as his friendship to you.

A loss for sure. Don't dwell on the loss but on the great memories.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

sorry for the loss of your friend
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast