Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nazi Atomic Bomb

Article about: This is an interesting thread that Tempelhof has launched, though the claims made, and the sources cited, illustrate the attraction that always attends an alleged revelation of a deep secret

Default Nazi Atomic Bomb

I came across a fascinating article about a flight of a Ju-390 to New York ,the plane was carrying a prototype of an Atomic bomb! The plane crashed outside of Owls Head Maine on 17 of September 1944!!! The pilots were buried outside of Owels head and the entire incident was covered up by the government.The reports of the incident are in the U.S. Archives with a top secret classification until 2045.The same article claims that a test explosion was made on group Russian prisoners and a location witch had Jewish prisoners as test subjects . Is this B.S or did I miss something in the history books

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Atomic Bomb
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi Atomic Bomb

From everything I have heard of on this subject, the Germans never completed construction of any sort of Atomic or Nuclear bomb, largely due to the efforts of the British SOE and their Norwegian members who firstly attempted to blow up the facility where the heavy water was being manufactured and secondly blew up the ship carrying most of the stocks of heavy water and the equipment for its production.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The first public mention of an alleged flight of a Ju 390 to North America appeared in a letter published in the November 1955 issue of the British magazine RAF Flying Review, of which aviation writer William Green was an editor. The magazine's editors were skeptical of the claim, which asserted that two Ju 390s had made the flight, and that it included a one-hour stay over New York City. In March 1956, the Review published a letter from an RAF officer which claimed to clarify the account. Citing unspecified German aircraft records in his possession, the officer said that only one aircraft, the Ju 390 V1 prototype, had made the flight in the latter part of 1944, and that it had reached a point about 19 km (12 mi) off the U.S. east coast, just north of New York, before returning to France.

According to Green's reporting, in June 1944, Allied Intelligence had learned from prisoner interrogations that a Ju 390 had been delivered in January 1944 to FAGr 5 (Fernaufklärungsgruppe 5), based at Mont-de-Marsan near Bordeaux, and that it had completed a 32-hour reconnaissance flight to within 19 km (12 mi) of the U.S. coast, north of New York City. This was, however, rejected just after the war by British authorities. Aviation historian Dr. Kenneth P. Werrell states that the story of the flight originated in two British intelligence reports from August 1944 which were based in part on the interrogation of prisoners, and titled General Report on Aircraft Engines and Aircraft Equipment; the reports claimed that the Ju 390 had taken photographs of the coast of Long Island. These photos have never been discovered.The claimed flight was mentioned in many books following the RAF Flying Review account, including William Green's own respected Warplanes of the Second World War (1968) and Warplanes of the Third Reich (1970) but without ever citing reliable sources. Further authors then cited Green's books as their source for the claimed flight. Green himself told Kenneth P. Werrell many years later that he no longer placed much credence in the flight.
    Werrell himself later examined the available data regarding the Ju 390's range and concluded that although a great circle round trip from France to St. Johns, Newfoundland was possible, adding another 3,830 km (2,380 mi) for a round trip from St. Johns to Long Island made the flight "most unlikely". Kössler and Günter Ott, in their book Die großen Dessauer: Junkers Ju 89, 90, 290, 390. Die Geschichte einer Flugzeugfamilie ("Great Dessauers...History of an Aircraft Family"), also examined the claimed flight, and thoroughly debunked the flight north of New York. Most importantly, assuming there was only one such aircraft in existence, Kössler and Ott note it was nowhere near France at the time when the flight was supposed to have taken place and therefore could not be in two places at once. According to Hans Pancherz' logbook, the Ju 390 V1 was brought to Prague on 26 November 1943. While there, it took part in a number of test flights, which continued until late March 1944.
    Secondly, they also assert that the Ju 390 V1 prototype was unlikely to have been capable of taking off with the fuel load necessary for a flight of such duration due to strength concerns due to its modified structure; it would have required a takeoff weight of 65 tonnes (72 tons), while the maximum takeoff weight during its trials had been 34 tonnes (38 tons). Another explanation for this, however, is that prototypes are never flown at maximum gross weight for their maiden flight until testing can determine the aircraft's handling characteristics. According to Kössler and Ott, the Ju 390 V2 could not have made the U.S. flight either, since they indicate that it was not completed before September/October 1944.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Nazis were never going to be in a realistic position to build an atomic weapon-it took the vast combined resources of the Western Allies including the US Mainland free from any effective Axis attacks to do so-given the nature of the German Nazi state with its competing secretive factions and its limited resources under ever more pressure from Allied attacks, combined with scientists pursuing misguided techniques either deliberately or just in error:no 'Bomb'! There was an He 177 modified to carry a large special bomb captured at the end of the war but this was just speculative on the programme ever actually making a practical device.

PS the Germans did put a fair deal of work into developing ultra long range aircraft but making one that could actually carry a useful warload was beyond them in the time period up to 1945-the US had begun a programme in 1940 for a bomber that could reach occupied Europe in the case of Britain being forced to surrender and the US having to conduct a bombing campaign from the East coast-this was the B36 that didn't fly until 1947 but ended up as the mainstay of SAC until the B52 entered service.

Very interesting. Not the same subject but I read the article in World War 2 Mag. concerning the Horton Bros. so called flying wing and this is true and impressive. Believe 2 were made and The U.S. did capture the other. Strong resemblance to our B 2 Bomber. Man they were advanced.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very interesting. Not the same subject but I read the article in World War 2 Mag. concerning the Horton Bros. so called flying wing and this is true and impressive. Believe 2 were made and The U.S. did capture the other. Strong resemblance to our B 2 Bomber. Man they were advanced.
    Two were built, one was crashed, we captured an intact one and others in various stages of assembly, and the HO-IX was the precursor to the B2 indeed. Engineers at Northrop Grumman created a replica of it in 2009 to analyze the stealth characteristics that the plane may have possessed.

What remains of the HO - 229 prototype at the Smithsonian
    Attachment 391915
    Attachment 391916

[/QUOTE]The same article claims that a test explosion was made on group Russian prisoners and a location witch had Jewish prisoners as test subjects . Is this B.S or did I miss something in the history books[/QUOTE]

It Almosttttt had me interested until the silly BS of testing on a group of prisoners bit....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

'Flying Wing' designs were not practical aircraft until computers were available for fly by wire control-Northrop built both propeller and jet bombers as prototypes in the late '40s and 50s but they were unstable and difficult to fly (for that matter so were the F 117 'Stealth' fighters-without computer control they flew like bricks).

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Two were built, one was crashed, we captured an intact one and others in various stages of assembly, and the HO-IX was the precursor to the B2 indeed. Engineers at Northrop Grumman created a replica of it in 2009 to analyze the stealth characteristics that the plane may have possessed.

What remains of the HO - 229 prototype at the Smithsonian
    Attachment 391915
    Attachment 391916
    yeah History Channel had something on this last year. interesting as hell. makes one wonder what would have happened had they developed these weapons like the Me262 five years earlier. Thanks for your input.

I agree with you,but go to google and search Hans Zinsser and a article from the Der Adler Tag. Very interesting reading.Another site called (Naziabomb) discusses the personal memoir's of Dr Erich Schumann and Dr Walter Trinks.In 2005 a man named Rainer Karlsh wrote a book called Hitlers Bombe,in book he claims that there were 3 atomic bomb tests one of them on an island in the Baltic called Rugen the other two tests were conducted at the Ohrdruf Concentration camp in March 1945.I know everything on the Internet is the absolute truth (lol) but this stuff does make some very fascinating reading.Go ahead and Google the names and places I have talked about and let me know what you think. While you are at it look up The Woods Memorandum To U.S Secretary of State Cordell Hull regarding a series of nuclear tests in the Schwabian Alps near Bisingen July 1943.The tests were corroborated by seismic records

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast