Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"Nazi Cattle" Cull

Article about: A somewhat unusual news feature today from the UK, addressing a Devon based farmer and his Heck cattle - a type derived from 1930's Germany when attempts were made to produce a form of the e

holy cow,what can one say.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Nazi Cattle" Cull
    P
    Many

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Hamburger?

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    These cattle hold no commercial value whatsoever, and are really only of a limited interest as far as conservation of the breed goes. The fact that he had to have them sent to slaughter was because there were no takers after he advertised them. Indeed, the chap is not really a farmer, more a conservationist who has rare breeds of various types of livestock. The Heck breed bears only some of the extinct Auroch's traits, the aggressive nature being the main one, and more recent breeding programmes like the Tauros and Uruz projects are proving far more successful as they limit the problems of recessive genes and 'throwbacks' by using 'Genome Editing', a type of genetic engineering that allows DNA to be inserted, replaced or removed as needs be using artificially engineered nuclei. This process will also rapidly decrease the time needed to reach a satisfactory conclusion by reducing the generations of selective breeding required to avoid, or at least limit the problems stated above.

Regards, Ned.
    Damn Ned I didn't know you are a cattleman.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Oh My.... What will be next. Nazi Sheep or chickens???
    I can see the headlines:

"Aggressive breed of Nazi Super Chickens discovered in secret underground research facility in Waldtrudering. These huge albino birds are believed to have been bred by renowned German agronomer Heinrich H. as part of the ultra-secret Überhuhn project."

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Oh My.... What will be next. Nazi Sheep or chickens??? I knew the Nazi Selective breeding program was not just for the Blue eyed blond SS men.
    Well... There was the Nazi Horses too.

Heck horse info

I wonder how Nazi Hamburgers taste.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Damn Ned I didn't know you are a cattleman.
    Hi Steve,

Well, I've spent much of my life being around farming circles having lived in the countryside much of my life and most of my friends are farmers, landowners, game keepers and hunt servants so i'm pretty au fait with most things related including cattle, horses and other types of livestock.

I also spent time on a couple of of working cattle ranches in Montana and Wyoming for just over 9 months around 15 years ago, one of which bred and reared rodeo bulls, a completely different but fascinating form of farming compared to back here in the U.K. Branding, castrating, medicating, riding fence, pushing cows and sinking wells (here's one below me and the boss did, took nearly 3 weeks in unseasonably cold weather!), irrigating, swathing, alfalfa baling all being part of the job. Happy days!

Regards, Ned.

"Nazi Cattle" Cull
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I hear these cattle will feature in the new film about the von Trapp family, The Sound Of Moosic!....

?

Udderly Crazy!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Steve,

Well, I've spent much of my life being around farming circles having lived in the countryside much of my life and most of my friends are farmers, landowners, game keepers and hunt servants so i'm pretty au fait with most things related including cattle, horses and other types of livestock.

I also spent time on a couple of of working cattle ranches in Montana and Wyoming for just over 9 months around 15 years ago, one of which bred and reared rodeo bulls, a completely different but fascinating form of farming compared to back here in the U.K. Branding, castrating, medicating, riding fence, pushing cows and sinking wells (here's one below me and the boss did, took nearly 3 weeks in unseasonably cold weather!), irrigating, swathing, alfalfa baling all being part of the job. Happy days!

Regards, Ned.

"Nazi Cattle" Cull
    Ned, you are basically the Marlboro man!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast