Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"Nazi Cattle" Cull

Article about: A somewhat unusual news feature today from the UK, addressing a Devon based farmer and his Heck cattle - a type derived from 1930's Germany when attempts were made to produce a form of the e

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I wonder how Nazi Hamburgers taste.
    I dont know, hehe but i always believed naziees were white meat, not red meat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Nazi Cattle" Cull
    P
    Many

Enough of this 'Bull****'

I need to 'Steer' this thread back on line before it causes a 'rump'us as I am now on the 'horns' of a dilemma.

Sorry if I sound like a 'Maverick' please don't have a 'beef' with me about it

I just 'fillet' has gone on long enough

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

As long as the meat taste good no complaints.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    As long as the meat taste good no complaints.
    Hi Kev,

That's the problem, the breed are all frame and no meat. And what meat there is on the animal is not particularly tender or tasty having a stringy, gamey texture and taste, Hence the fact that the slaughtered cattle went for sausage and not other cuts or joints. As I said before, the breed is not commercially viable and is really only of interest as an oddity and/or rare breed.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, ever had the ol Prairie oyster?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Ned, ever had the ol Prairie oyster?
    Sure have, a few times! Ole Montana tendergroin!! I went to the testicle festival in Clinton MT a few years back. It was the same time as the Sturgis HOG rally I recall, with thousands of bikers from all over, quite an experience! As for the taste, typical offal flavour similar to kidney or liver. Hot sauce makes 'em.

Lip smackin', Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Sure have, a few times! Ole Montana tendergroin!! I went to the testicle festival in Clinton MT a few years back. It was the same time as the Sturgis HOG rally I recall, with thousands of bikers from all over, quite an experience! As for the taste, typical offal flavour similar to kidney or liver. Hot sauce makes 'em.

Lip smackin', Ned.
    I've had the pig version mate and they taste very much how you described them, quite nice battered and deep fried!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I've had the pig version mate and they taste very much how you described them, quite nice battered and deep fried!..
    Similar mate but a bit more greasy IMO. I bought a job lot from the market in Wolverhampton a few years back, and did them the same, sliced and battered using southern fried coating and took them down the pub wrapped in a tea towel. Naturally, anything for free and the local Gannets were straight in!! " What's this Ned, doesn't taste like chicken....?"

Of course I waited until they'd wolfed the lot before I..... How they laughed!!

The fact that these cows were bred by nazis is really a mooot point. Don't have a cow, guys...

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Steve,

Well, I've spent much of my life being around farming circles having lived in the countryside much of my life and most of my friends are farmers, landowners, game keepers and hunt servants so i'm pretty au fait with most things related including cattle, horses and other types of livestock.

I also spent time on a couple of of working cattle ranches in Montana and Wyoming for just over 9 months around 15 years ago, one of which bred and reared rodeo bulls, a completely different but fascinating form of farming compared to back here in the U.K. Branding, castrating, medicating, riding fence, pushing cows and sinking wells (here's one below me and the boss did, took nearly 3 weeks in unseasonably cold weather!), irrigating, swathing, alfalfa baling all being part of the job. Happy days!

Regards, Ned.

Attachment 786666
    As a kid, my step father worked as a hired hand on several
    of the big ranches in Northern Wyoming and Southern Montana.

Ned, You and I may have lived in the same places.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast