Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia

Article about: These started me on my path to collecting as well. I first saw the book in the eighties. I have since picked up both at auction.

Default NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia

Just got this in a lot. While the cover is crap, the rest of the book is near mint. Tons of great photos of badges, pins, patches, knives, helmets, hats, you name it.
    Printed in 1971.

Curious if anyone can speak to the validity of the contents and if this is a decent reference for collecting these bits and pieces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia  
    Attached Images Attached Images NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia
    P
    Many

Default Re: NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia

Hi Rick, I am certain many of us older collectors will still have this book in their libraries. I have had mine since the 1970's. The items shown within it are genuine. Many of the photos are of items from the IWM in London. The holes in some of the badges were done from when they were nailed (!) on to display boards in the 1960's. This book was one of the first collectors guides and got a lot of people into the hobby.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. I'll hang on to it, then.

LOVE the IWM. Even if they were a bit aggressive in hanging things.
    Attached Images Attached Images NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia 

There is also another published by the same author in 1974 "SS Regalia"

?

Yep! Got both of them, "Nazi Regalia" and "SS Regalia"! I've had both of them since they first came out. I still pull them out and look at them.
    In fact, I have 40-50 of the Ballantine's Illustrated History of WWII. When I was in Junior High School (1970-1972) I used to walk to a book store about two blocks away whenever I could come up with an extra dollar and buy one of the series. When I saw "Nazi Regalia" I just had to have it. It had color pictures! Something the other books didn't have. In my excitement, I didn't notice that "Nazi Regalia" cost $2.95 instead of $1.00. So I had to put it back on the shelf until I could come up with two more bucks!

Mike

Mike

Ahhh another bibliophile. My argument has always been: there are worse habits. Discounting the shelving needs, of course.

?

i had my book since 1971,, the SS one to

?

I have had both book's on my shelf since the early 80's!

I bought both books back in 1974. There is not much info in them but the photos are of genuine items and of some use. The SS Regalia has photos with uniforms and equipment that are pretty good. You can see the blacked out the face of the model who apparently had really long hair!

?

If you look in the back of SS regalia there is a psge listing were all the item came from. Kirby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast