Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia

Article about: These started me on my path to collecting as well. I first saw the book in the eighties. I have since picked up both at auction.

Default Re: NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia

These started me on my path to collecting as well. I first saw the book in the eighties. I have since picked up both at auction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NAZI REGALIA book by Jack Pia
    P
    Many

?

This book is a nice memory for me. In the 50's and 60's it was not uncommon at all to see some piece of German WW2 something or another, hanging on the back wall behind the bar of some small out of the way country place. This book reminds me of that time.
    The first time I saw an M-43 cap was when a kid named Joachim wore one deer hunting in Pennsylvania. It did not register at the time as I had never seen one. I do recall the comments made by other hunters,though.
    He may not actually have been a kid, since he was older than me, the older men called him Yaki. Good memories with this book. It started me on my way to collecting M-43's.

Yes thats a great little book which i had many years ago ,and after seeing it again i want another copy,lv.

I will never forget picking up Nazi Regalia around 1975 or so (I think I was in 6th grade) and seeing, for the first time, that Political Leaders Kreisleitung visor in full, glorious living color--it just sparkled off the page, and I knew right then I had to have one (and then another, and another....)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Very nice colour plates in both. 'Must-haves' back then !

The first books I ever bought regarding militaria collecting, and
    I still gloss through them ocaasionally.

Noticed a couple of errors on certain pages, but on the whole,
    they are great little books........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I have one of the same title by Robin Lumsden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2