Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New here and I have a story for you.

Article about: I have a sort of neat update to my original story. Last weekend I received an e-mail from a gentleman by the name of Lewis T. Easterling from North Carolina. He told me that he was in the sa

Default Re: New here and I have a story for you.

Wow, thank you for sharing your story, extremely interesting. Good luck on your research and keep us posted on any new developments.

regards, Tyrone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New here and I have a story for you.
    P
    Many

3mk
    ?

Intresting but sad story

You must be proud to have a great uncle like that

Smile Re: New here and I have a story for you.

Joel, wonderful but sad story, but like my mother told me long ago, no one is ever gone if they are remembered. Keep remembering!! Thanks for sharing, John

I received another e-mail late last week from Jean-Luc, vice president of the "Forced Landing Association" in France. He said that he has mailed out a package to me which contains photos, documents, reports, records, newspaper articles, parts of my great uncles airplane, and other items that have a connection to my great uncle that he thought might be of interest to me. I am expecting that package soon and will post pics when I get the chance.

May.......... I SALUTE ! your great uncle!

I too, Salute your Great Uncle Joel !

Here are some pictures of my great uncle Jay, some of the Germans he fought on 14 July 1944, and pictures of parts of his airplane discovered at the crash site in 1999. I received all of these items from my friend Jean-Luc from France earlier today. There are many other items, but the other items will have to wait for now.

Jay V Thomson pictures by joel0109 - Photobucket

Hi Joel, sorry we don't allow outside links to photobucket etc. The problem is these type of links die over time and we are then left with empty useless threads.

If you cannot post them directly on the forum send me a PM and I will send you my email address so you can send them to me.

I am keen to see the items!

Cheers, Ade.

The picture of the aircraft parts won't load, but here are some pics of my great uncle as well as some of the Germans involved in the 14 July dogfight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

Some more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast