Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

New here and I have a story for you.

Article about: I have a sort of neat update to my original story. Last weekend I received an e-mail from a gentleman by the name of Lewis T. Easterling from North Carolina. He told me that he was in the sa

?

Default Re: New here and I have a story for you.

As an aircraft mechanic,,i thought rocker arm as well when I saw it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New here and I have a story for you.
    P
    Many

?

the line is some type of fluid line,,, and the clamp is for some type of high pressure application such as a pneumatic line

The other is a spark plug wire
    Attached Images Attached Images New here and I have a story for you.  New here and I have a story for you.  New here and I have a story for you. 

Welcome Joel,
    Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy this forum, members interests are varied and informative. Your story was very interesting. I've only been in an aircraft twice, a 5min trip in a little Cessna and one trip in an airliner. I enjoyed both but the small aircraft was definitely the best. I'm on the other side of the military scale as I'm an ex submariner.
    Best regards,
    navyman.

I named my first born son who is a little over a year old now after my great uncle. Jay Marcus Thomson was born May 3rd, 2012. My second son will be born probably in October of this year. Still no name for him yet.

great.thanks for sharing with us

Here are some pictures I discovered online. Two of them are pictures of aircraft from my great uncles unit and the other two are pictures of a marker that was placed at my great uncles crash site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

New here and I have a story for you.   New here and I have a story for you.  

Jacks granddaughter
    ?

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this but I found this thread while googling my grandfather, Jack W Coulter. He spoke very little about the war and did not want to burden people with his memories. But once I got him to tell me a little and he would get a far away look but you could tell he could see it clear as a bell in his mind. He would really only say that there were so many lives lost because they went in search of glory and didn't follow the rules. Stuff like "stay with your wingman" and the like. He would almost chant if only they had followed the rules with such sadness and frustration in his voice. It ate him up that he couldn't help or stop what was happening. He had tremendous guilt that he survived this particular set of battles. He couldn't share a bedroom with my grandmother because of the violent nightmares. He would sometimes wake up while trying to dig foxholes in his room. These are the only tidbits he ever shared and he spoke with such emotion that it really stuck with me. I was probably 15-17 when we talked about it and I really wish I had paid closer attention.

What a great story an thanks for sharing it with us!
    I bet you would love to go there one day and see the area and to pay your respects. Im sure he is looking down on you very proud even though you never met.
    Thanks
    Marc

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6