Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

% of Posts

Article about: I have been a member for a while and I have noticed that over 90% of the posts on this site are related to the 1933-45 period in Germany I find it fascinating that after 80 years there is su

Default Re: % of Posts

Dont quote me on this but i am pretty sure it's the second most written about subject on the planet i have read this somwhere and the first being religion (Bible),
    cheers Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement % of Posts
    P
    Many

Just think how much trouble we would all be in if he could sing!

I think things related to the female body would come in first,follewed by religon then TR.

Quote by operaman View Post
    I think things related to the female body would come in first,follewed by religon then TR.
    Good call operaman

The Germans were very Flamboyant even back in the Landsknechte days in the 1500's, to me this is alot of the attraction, hence all the colors of the flags and such...very attracting to people!

Mike

And,here is another question for you. I noticed from virtually day one when I began collecting centuries ago that people Immediately began calling me a Nazi. I don't think a day went by, that I didn't have to sigh and patiently explain "I collect War Relics. This does Not make me a Nazi....I do not Wear them around nor do I goose-step around town and worship Adolf Hitler." I owned an antique shop many years ago, and I remember that a vet came in and sold me a Japanese Naval rising sun battleflag that he had brought back himself. When I hung it on the back wall for sale, almost immediately I began hearing people saying that they "wouldn't go in that place! Look at the flag!". I don't know-maybe they thought I was a Japanese in very good disguise or something. The same thing happened when I offered an actual Confederate flag for sale a couple of years later as well. Suddenly, I was a slave-owner sympathizer or some sort of KKK admirer.
    Did/does anyone else ever run into this idiocy? It's one reason I basically lost much interest in the hobby years ago. I've kept a few "stars" of my collecting years, but all the rest-my Leibstandarte Sturmbannfuhrer's complete black uniform(I still refuse to call it a "foetid woolen!" Sorry,FB..lol) honor rings,daggers, and all the rest Allied as well as Axis, long ago went back into the collecting field again. I think the most absurd thing I was ever heard myself referred to one time was a "Nazi Commie". Isn't that something akin to a "Democratic Republican"? lol William

Quote by operaman View Post
    Just think how much trouble we would all be in if he could sing!
    I dunno...he might not have been much of a yodeler,but he wasn't all that bad shakes as a Painter. Some of his pictures weren't all that bad! It sure makes you wonder what the world might have been like today,had he actually been accepted and encouraged as an artist! I've read many times him being quoted as being an artist was all that he ever really Wanted to be. A pity the hardnose idiots in the academy didn't Let him! Boy, didn't we all pay the price for their stupidity! William

?

Obviously, years ago there were still many veterans around with large families that had been through the mill during the war years, both the third reich and japanese periods,it remained an open wound for years after and the views then were still hateful towards both regimes mainly because of the cruelty involved and the barbaric way that some had behaved, their views filtered down the generations from father to son or daughter and so on, then came the documentarys , books, and witness testimonies that increased a sort of morbid fascination yet still that indignation remained against the perpetrators, anyone seen to be "glorifying" those periods by collecting the spoils of war became a target for scorn and ridicule, nowadays its mainly the youngsters that learnt a little bit of history about those periods that think its the thing to do, accuse the collectors be it friends or strangers of being "nazi lovers", yet i guarantee that nearly all of them have been to a war museum some time in their life and stood in front of a display and said, dont that look good or look how smart that uniform is or look at that gun or tank, to them its ancient history but it looks good, but that wont be reflected in their comments outside among their peers, my kids all had the same views until they saw what i was collecting ,then curiosity got the better of them and started to ask questions, " what was that used for" or " whys that helmet shaped like that " or "how does that grenade work or gun work" or "what was that badge or medal for". At the end of the day you may as well ask why does that person collect fossils or vintage cars , because its preserving history and thats what we do, whether its for financial reasons or for personal pleasure is up to the individual, either way someone gains the chance of holding history in their hands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2