Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pre Internet

Article about: by Wagriff It's actually a tough one to call,Patrick. As time goes by,the generations that remember things tend to collect them,but when their day is gone,many times the value of what they c

?

Default Re: Pre Internet

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's actually a tough one to call,Patrick. As time goes by,the generations that remember things tend to collect them,but when their day is gone,many times the value of what they collected drops proportionately. Take,for example,cars. When I was a kid(many,many,many,and still more disgustingly many years ago...) a Model T Ford was a collectors Holy Grail. But,now that the guys who actually owned and Drove them are pretty much gone,the interest in them has plummeted. Nowadays,the "hot collectors cars" are such things as 1970 Hemicuda's, 1969 SS Camaro's,etc. Will WWII interest wane as well over time? Do people still go nuts over WWI stuff like they once did? There's still collectors for everything,of course,but the sheer Numbers for such stuff as WWI simply isn't what it used to be now. If one looks at,say,50 years from now,I suspect that the collecting interests will,once again,be quite different than they are today. People your age will someday see this and just might have the last laugh on us old-timers! Who knows? In the Meantime...I'm still hangin' onto my numbered and ID'ed SS dagger..and a "few more favorite tidbits"...lol Good luck collecting! And,Remember...Rudel's RitterKreuz is Still "out there somewhere"! At the rate you're going,You just might be the guy who ends up Finding the darned thing! William
    hehe i wouldent mind a jaguar E-Type coupe! dream car.....

Pre Internet

but i think there always would be an expensive market for militaria, less and less of them show up on market so there will be a demand from the collectors to get there hands on them. but i wouldent complain if the prices droped

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre Internet
    P
    Many

Actually,I used to have a 1970 XKE 12cyl automatic in maroon....was a great car,but,man,oh,Man was it a gas eater! lol William

10 years from noe thw lure of the Swastika will still be there!

WOW--- British racing green,I had a old MG b that color. chick magnet

?

jaguar are like the cars of angels, just love them! but yeah they eat gas! they go cheap. but hey, what will you pay for a nice car?

Evey year there are more and more collectors and pretty much only the same amount of stuff-even Eastern Europe is starting to run dry now-interest in military history here in Australia is growing, Hollywood is still making WW2 movies albeit at a lower rate than the past (period films cost more) and the 1914 Centenary is just around the corner-collecting will remain strong but fashion may change in particular fields.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2