Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about tracing request WaSt Berlin

Article about: Hello all, in August 2010 I placed a tracing request on the WaSt website about my grandfather who served in WWII, but until today I haven't heard anything from Berlin. Does anybody know how

Default Questions about tracing request WaSt Berlin

Hello all,

in August 2010 I placed a tracing request on the WaSt website about my grandfather who served in WWII, but until today I haven't heard anything from Berlin.

Does anybody know how long I have to wait until I get post ? How can I be sure that someone is working on my tracing request ? Is there a way to ask about the status of my request ?

Thanks for your answers.

Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about tracing request WaSt Berlin
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Questions about tracing request WaSt Berlin

Firstly you need to visit the WASt, due they need all the documentary confirmed information that the persone you are researching is a real your family member Othervise, your letter will not be answered. Ususally requests is takes from a 3 months up to one year
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for your answer Dimas,

is my understanding of your post right, that I have to go to the WaSt in Berlin myself and hand them out documents that the person I am searching for is truly my grandfather ?

I thought that filling out the form on their website is enough to get informations about my grandfather. There is nothing mentioned on the website that I have to send them any documents proving my identitiy.

For your information, my grandfather didn't die in WWII nor was he a POW.

Regards

Martin

You can Visit like Dimas mentions, Ive heard relatives getting Result's--In time) From filling in the Online form out. Would suggest if you do write to them again write in German maybe inc Copy/Proof of who you are. Good luck

Just called the WaSt to ask about the status of my tracing request.

Got the person who received my request on the phone and he told me that he sees the request on his pc and he thinks that it will be completed to the end of May/begining of June.

This is what I wanted to hear. They received my request and they work on it in the very near future.

Thanks to all who answered.

Martin

Great news, That was quick! Feel free to share with us, your findings

It would be interesting to hear what you find out Martin, should you wish to share it. Good Luck!

Jay

Yes, I was definitly surprised how kind the man of the Wast was on the phone. He directly asked if my grandfather came back from war and if I had a good time with him when he was still with me all the years.

I had the impression that he is something like a priest besides his work for the Wast. One gets the real feeling that he is dealing with the fate of soldiers every day.

Looking forward I hope that I get much information about my grandfather as possible. I have many fotos from him where he's been during the war but all without notices on the back so I hope the results of the Wast bring more clarity.

As soon as I get the results I will post them here.

Thanks for all your comments and help

Martin