Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Rebreather unit found at Scapa Flow

Article about: Hi there, I'm new to this forum and hope you can help me a bit. My old mate has a Draeger rebreather which he believes was used by a german submersible chariot driver, captured by a farmer a

Draco11
    ?

Default Rebreather unit found at Scapa Flow

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and hope you can help me a bit. My old mate has a Draeger rebreather which he believes was used by a german submersible chariot driver, captured by a farmer at Scapa Flow in 1944 while waiting for the barrier to be opened.
    We can't find any mention of this on the net, nor can we find info on the unit itself. It is a twin hose arrangement numbered 370715, it has all leather strapping,(not in good nick)canvas bag and alloy oxygen bottle in good order.What was the contents of the scrubber canister?
    Any information on the incident or the unit would be most appreciated.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Rebreather unit found at Scapa Flow

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have never heard of such an attack? I feel certain, if true, this would have been documented?

I would certainly like to see some pics of the item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ditto what Adrian said above in post #2.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Draco11
    ?

Rebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowRebreather unit found at Scapa FlowHi Ade, He assures me it did happen. Tom grew up in the Orkneys and after a few years serving in the middle east returned to the islands as a plumber and the only diver in the area. The rebreather was given to him by an ex-navy frogmen for services rendered (a rescue). The unit came with him to the other side of the world (Tasmania) more than thirty years ago.