Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rochus Misch Book

Article about: great thread................looking forward to more snippets

JMM
    ?

Default Re: Rochus Misch Book

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Hi Mat,

Yes, as it stands, the film is still ongoing, although quite where they are up to at the moment is unbeknownst to me. Rochus Misch, when giving his final interview last year, said that he thought that the movie would hopefully be made this year, although I must add, and it is sad to say it, but he himself said that he doesn't expect to see it, due to the deterioration of his health last year. One can only hope that he does see it.

Regards,

Carl
    Thanks for the info Carl. Let's hope the movie comes out this year and Misch can see it. Very sad to hear those words from him... He is for sure one of the most important living personalities of the III Reich. If anyone knows of more information on the movie please keep posting them on this thread. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rochus Misch Book
    P
    Many

?

If I remember correctly, I read on another forum somewhere that they finished a trailer, and circulated it to potential investors. The scenes in the trailer were set at the outset of the invasion of Poland, and one can only guess at the other content. I did see a link, on the other forum, that took you to stills from the shooting of the trailer. For the life of me though, I don't remember where I saw it...

That sounds promising Carl! I had gotten a little worried about if the film was still going ahead or not recently, as I'd heard absolutely nothing about it since the initial mention.

Mat

?

Thanks for all the Hard work and trouble you and your good Wife have gone too Carl this is a very interesting read and i Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Greg

?

Quote by Studly View Post
    Thanks for all the Hard work and trouble you and your good Wife have gone too Carl this is a very interesting read and i Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Greg
    It's a pleasure Greg, you are most welcome. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Regards,

Carl

?

So, time for another snippet...

Just a short post today, as one has various duties to address.

In the middle of the book, Rochus Misch talks of Hitler's diet. Adolf Hitler was arguably the world's most famous vegetarian, few people don't know this fact, even those who (for the life of me I don't know why!) have little or no interest in the history of the Third Reich. His abstinence from alcohol is also very well documented. However, Herr Misch states that not only did the Fuhrer knock back the occasional pre-speech shot of Fernet Stock, the 40 percent herbal bitter produced in Czechoslovakia and Italy, but he also enjoyed the odd wurst. Incidentally, the Fernet Stock company was confiscated by the Nazis in 1939, due to its classification as a Jewish company. Regarding the shot before addressing the masses, it is not the first time that slight irregularities in Hitler's diet have been mentioned, but it is always interesting to hear it from somebody who was so close to the Fuhrer. Indeed, one story not in the book, but worthy of a mention here, is the evening meal that Hitler enjoyed at Prague castle, on the occasion that he visited the Protektorat's main city. Hitler, had earlier travelled by train and attended to the various needs of the day, relaxed at the dining table and enjoyed a traditional Czech meal of pork steak, vegetables and potatoes, washed down with a glass of classic Czech beer. He was after all, known for his knowledge of the local cultures...

Now if you will excuse me, all this talk of food...has left me rather hungry...

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rochus Misch Book  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rochus Misch Book 

?

Thanks Carl i knew Hitler was a vegetarian but the added info suprised me very interesting...Thanks

Greg

?

As the luncheon hour approaches, my sincere apologies to those with disgruntled stomachs...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rochus Misch Book  

?

Today's installment...

A brief one, but interesting nonetheless...

One day, Rochus Misch was distributing post to members of the inner circle and went to Eva Braun's room. He stated that for some reason, he believed that she was not present and so didn't bother to knock (you can guess what's coming right?). So, he walked up to the door, turned the handle and walked into the room holding her mail...only to find Eva in her underwear sitting on the bed. Herr Misch writes how he froze, completely stunned and unable to react. Then, after a brief moment to compose himself, he placed the mail on the nearest table or desk and whilst apologising profusely, headed for the exit as swiftly as possible. Eva, seemingly slightly amused just laughed off the incident, and the moment was left to pass into memory. Much to the relief of poor Herr Misch, who must have felt rather worried, having witnessed something that he probably wished he hadn't. Still, after I read this part of the book, I couldn't help but think how it could have been much worse...

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Rochus Misch said that he always remembered to knock before entering following that incident.

Thank you for taking the time to share this certainly special gift with us Carl.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast