Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rudolf Hess's life sentence?

Article about: I know this may have been asked before, but was just curious. I know Rudolf Hess was given a life sentence for his involvement in the NSDAP and Third Reich. I know he flew to Scotland in May

There were always the rumors that Hess had flown to England to meet with pro-Nazi elements in England. There plan was to pull England out of the war, replace George with his pro facist brother Edward. If these are to be believed, there certainly would be merit to Hess being murdered as the feat of doing himself in has been questioned as impossible for a man of his age and physical condition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rudolf Hess's life sentence?
    P
    Many

I have always thought that if 'they' wanted him silenced, why wait until he was 93?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I have always thought that if 'they' wanted him silenced, why wait until he was 93?
    That alone makes me question all those murder theories more than anything else.

Guarding a man for 42 post-war years, than finally losing patience and hanging him at 93 years of age just doesn't make sense to me.

And if we assume for the moment that some intelligence service had actually gotten the order to eliminate him and given the necessary access to Hess to do so, wouldn't they have just smothered him with a pillow or put some quick-acting, hard-to-detect poison in his supper so that the next morning would find one more dead nonagenarian in his bed who had apparently just never woken up?

Why they would have decided to kill him off is anyone's guess. Perhaps he was going senile and getting "talkative"? Maybe he had threatened some official that he would tell what he knew? But, in any case, at His age, certainly almost everyone involved in the "plot" would almost have to have been dead by then, so who would have gotten desperate? A embarrassment for the Government? If That was the worst thing a government would be guilty of-imprisoning an unrepentant Nazi for years, I can't imagine them worrying much over it. If they were That paranoid with worry, they couldn't take the far fetched risk that someone might demand an autopsy and find something odd, so they apparently chose to make the death look "natural". But, who knows? Stranger things have happened, I guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hess was a scapegoat, as well decis, he wanted peace with England (on a journey that Hitler knew and knew) , he knew that Hitler could not with England, Russia and USA while Speer book hanging by his speech ... England, USA and France if they gave him a lower sentence but Russia Hess said No! life imprisonment and well just everything biejo died in Spandau, not killed

Rudolf Hess's life sentence? Rudolf Hess's life sentence?

The wreckage of Hess's Messerschmitt Bf 110

Hess office with a great weight of Nazi crimes... looking for peace. It hurts, because if all high-ranking Nazis, if someone identified me, is with Hess, both economists and the same character, it was not just his life sentence

?

Rudolf Hess's life sentence?

Rudolf Hess's Iron Cross 2nd Class from World War I. Confiscated by Royal Canadian Artillery when Hess was arrested in Scotland. Army Museum, Citadel Hill, Halifax, Nova Scotia

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    That alone makes me question all those murder theories more than anything else.

Guarding a man for 42 post-war years, than finally losing patience and hanging him at 93 years of age just doesn't make sense to me.

And if we assume for the moment that some intelligence service had actually gotten the order to eliminate him and given the necessary access to Hess to do so, wouldn't they have just smothered him with a pillow or put some quick-acting, hard-to-detect poison in his supper so that the next morning would find one more dead nonagenarian in his bed who had apparently just never woken up?
    he was not killed ...

?

Too many questions with his story IMO

Dean O

?

This is way off of my area of expertise, but wasn't Hess at least allowed lawyer visits? If so, it seems to me that he could have let slip any damning evidence that showed some British complicity with pro-Nazi elements via the lawyer. After all, what reason would he have to keep it to himself? Wouldn't he want to embarrass or discredit his captors as soon as he knew that he was never getting out of prison?

?

Hess was bumped off according to the autopsy carried out at the request of his family. The story goes that the Russians under Gorbachev had softened their stance and were prepared to agree to his release. Up until then we were prepared to let him die of old age. There are still enough secret files, that will probably remain secret forever, from this period to make one wonder 'why?' Certainly Himmler's death was similar, in that he had walked into custody with a letter to Monty (since disappeared) and was bumped off before anyone had a chance to interrogate him - certainly the Americans and Russians would have loved to. The link is that they both had information that would have proved politically embarrassing to the British should it become public knowledge. We just went into secret mode and invented suicide stories for both deaths. No loose ends!
    Had some of the documents that surfaced later been available at his trial concerning his knowledge/complicity in the deaths at Auschwitz then Speer would have hung. He was a clever man, and his sanitized diary doesn't tell the 'whole truth'.
    Last edited by alikat; 08-03-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast