Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RZM letter codes

Article about: Hello all, I hope this is the correct area for this question, if not could the moderator please move to the correct forum. I have been looking for a list of letter codes for RZM items. I kno

?

Default RZM letter codes

Hello all,

I hope this is the correct area for this question, if not could the moderator please move to the correct forum.
    I have been looking for a list of letter codes for RZM items. I know M=metal, L=leather, W=wool, B=cotton... What are the others? I noticed the letter E on a tag for a SA pennant l saw somewhere. What does E stand for? How many codes where there in total?

Thanks,
    Hummel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM letter codes
    P
    Many

RZM letter codesHere you are....

This document now exists in digital form, whereas I paid no less than USD 5,000 for it, so have at it.

This is the Handbuch d. RZM, which I sought for four decades.

It can be had with the bat of an eye lash and the drop of the bitcoin and you will be immortal.

The first two years of the Mitteilungsblaetter d. RZM are also digitalized and for sale, as well.

?

Thank you sir. That has the info I am looking for!

Hummel

Here it is, in all its 21st century glory.

Handbuch der RZM plus bonus 1938 RZM material

This is not my gig, mind you, but why not?

?

I don't know if it's any use to you but here are the codes and manufacturers for the 'M' prefixed numbers:

RZM Codes - 'M' numbers

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello Hummel...I can give you some information on the "E" prefix..but I am not in front of any of my references at the moment. I will post my findings tomorrow for you. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Hummel...here is a list of RZM letter prefixes..all of which have sub categories...and within the sub categories..are broken down into producer names and addresses. This would be an overwhelming task to transfer all documentation..but will give you the letters and their translated meaning.

RZM A - Ausrustung / Outfitting
    RZM -B Baumwolle / Cotton and fabrics
    RZM - D Dienstkleidung / Service clothing
    RZM - E Einzelhandel / Retail trade
    RZM - G Grosshandel / Wholesale
    RZM - H Handelsvertreter / Trade representatives
    RZM - K Kleidereinzelhandel / Retail clothing
    RZM - L Leder / Leather
    RZM - M Metall / Metal
    RZM - V Verkaufstellen / Retail outlets...also worked in conjunction with RZM E
    RZM - W Wolle / Wool

The Prefix "E" you have inquired about was not used until 1938 when a special listing was published in the RZM directives.
    Below a sample of the RZM E sub categories: ( but again the list of addresses is too much to type into these sub categories ) This RZM department was in charge of retail trade

RZM E1 Authorized to sell all NSDAP items
    RZM E2 Authorized to sell badges and insignia
    RZM E3 Authorized to sell leather and Outfitting items..including Srvice daggers and HJ knives..and all emblems
    RZM E4 All of the same above in E3 except leather
    RZM E5 Authorized to sell hats of all kinds
    RZM E6 Authorized to sell Hats badges and insignia
    RZM E7 All of the above in E6..including Out fitting items
    RZM E8 Authorized to sell only brown shirts badges and insignia
    RZM E9 Authorized to sell brown shirts and brown textile goods
    RZM E10 Authorized to sell musical instruments and accessories
    RZM E11 Authorized to sell Tent canvas back packs water flasks beakers bread bags cooking utensils and spades
    RZM E12 Authorized to sell HJ /DJ hiking knives...and as of 1938 authorized to sell SA daggers

The information and scope of the RZM is endless...but they had their hands in everything and control of it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks a million there Larry.... That is exactly what I have been looking for.

Thank you,