Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Salute Etiquette

Article about: I have a questions about salutes used in the Third Reich. What is the difference between the straight armed salute and the relaxed at the elbow solute. Do they have a specific meaning or an

Default Salute Etiquette

I have a questions about salutes used in the Third Reich. What is the difference between the straight armed salute and the relaxed at the elbow solute. Do they have a specific meaning or an appropriate time that one is used over the other?
    Thanks
    Kirby

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salute Etiquette
    P
    Many

Default Re: Salute Etiquette

Hello mate

I believe that it was compulsory to give this salute during the whole of the TR time. Here is the history on the Salute: Nazi salute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually have a grouping of a man who was imprisoned for failing to adhere to the rules & not giving the salute. Special courts were set up just for this!

Cheers
    Dan

Prior to July 20th 1944, the military, Heer Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine all used the conventional military salute.

All Party organisations used the Nazi salute with extended arm and the "Heil Hitler" greeting.

After 20th July 1944 everyone was obliged to use the "Deutscher Gruss" ("German Greeting") as the Nazi salute was then called.

Cheers, Ade.

Dan & Ade,

Thanks very much for the info!

?

I've also read the straight-armed salute described as the 'Hitlergruß' by army soldiers and it seems its 'enforcement' was not well received (as might be expected).
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...